Monday, January 26, 2009

Scallop Bag

Sorry I missed yas this weekend! My hubby and 4 yr old went to visit family while I stayed home tending to my little one who was sick :( Not much time to stamp and I had to prepare for my class tonight. But, giddy me, I am Guest Stamper at Stampin' Pretty. Mary has been a huge source of inspiration for me (and I'm sure many of you too), so it is an honor that she wanted to showcase my Scallop Bag. Lucky Me! Thanks Mary!
It's this cute!! This is the NEW Scallop Bag Bigz Die from the New Spring/Summer Catalog. Crank your die through the Big Shot you'll get the perfect cut out and scored paper to then assemble into this cute little box. I ran Not Quite Navy through the Big Shot for my box and then another small piece of Baja Breeze to kreate a layer under my scallop flap. Assembled with Sticky Tape and viola', instant bag. Super quick and then all that is left is to decorate it. Since I was using the Big Shot, I got out my Birds and Blooms sizzlit dies and ran the Blooms through with Old Olive, Baja Breeze and Whisper White. Sponged some edges with Not Quite Navy Craft ink and then heat embossed with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder to make the flower sparkle a bit. Blotted my VersaMark pad over my leaves and then sprinkled Iridescent Ice EP to give them the same sparkle. Finished the center off with a yellow Circle Fire Rhinestone Brad. Stamped my sentiment from Fresh Cut on Baja Breeze and used the Word Window Punch to shape my sentiment. White Organza Ribbon adds the finishing touch and closure to the scalloped flaps.
The finished box is approx 3-3/4 high x 2-1/4 wide x 2-3/4 deep. Cute huh?!! Love it! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think? Love it when you do

For now, go kreate
Kim

5 comments:

Shirley/Jennifer said...

Your blog is so pretty and each and every project is terrfic !!!! I so look forward to seeing more of your work.

Happy stampin !!!

Tiffany said...

This is gorgeous! I just love it Kim. I hope your little one is feeling better. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for being my Guest Stamper! Hugs, Mary

Lorraine said...

Kim it's gorgeous. I love the colors and the double scallop. So pretty!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gosh Kim this is gorgeous! LOVE the pretty colors and the fun sparkle on the flowers, WOW!

Hugs to you, Jennifer :)