Saturday, October 25, 2008

Christmas Stamp a Stack

In preparation for my Christmas Stamp a Stack I made about a dozen different Christmas cards. After trying to narrow it down, I realized most were too involved for a SAS and most of my stampers are fairly new (but boy did they do great that night), - so I had to do things a bit simpler. Sometimes I have a hard time with simple... Am I the only one? I wanted to use the Snow Swirled set as some of my ladies had already purchased this set - I found this card on Splitcoast Stampers and thought it would be great for our 1st card. So this is my take on the card.Changed the colors slightly, used Silver Cord (from Holiday Mini)instead of paper piercing, changed the sentiment, and added a little festive sparkle to my snowflake and sentiment. Brilliant Blue base, with Brilliant Blue and Bashful Blue ornaments, snowflakes stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed with White Embossing Powder and Iridescent Ice. The center ornament was punched out using the 1-3/8 Circle punch and the other snowflakes punched in 1-1/4 Circle punch and layered on the 1-3/8 circle. The sentiment was stamped with Brocade Blue and embossed with Iridescent Ice again - I like Christmas cards with a bit of sparkle (unfortunately you can't see the sparkle in this card, but its so pretty). TIP: Remember when embossing you will need to use either Craft Ink or VersaMark so your powder will stick to your image before heating.
Two of my ladies decided they wanted the more traditional Christmas colors, so we used Ruby Red and Mellow Moss - looked great and I could kick myself for not taking a photo to show you.
Isn't this a cute card? Even though I have a dozen of my own Christmas kreations, I'm so glad I found this one to CASE (Copy and Share with Everyone). At least I have some pretty Christmas samples to show you over the next few months. And can you believe I still haven't decided which one I will use! LOL Maybe this year everyone will get a little something different... we'll see.
For now, go kreate,
Kim

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

That's a beautiful card Kim. I love using the blues for Christmas. It's so peaceful.

Anonymous said...

I need to get cooking on my holiday cards and this idea is being printed on my computer as we speak. Also like the idea of iridescent ice embossing for snowflakes. Perfect! Mary

Tiffany said...

How elegant! Very pretty Kim!!

Anonymous said...

So creative, Kim.

As always...

Michelle Tech said...

This really is beautiful! I love the colors and the silver cord to top it off!