Friday, May 29, 2009

Just Beachy


This card was inspired by 2 challenges this week, SCS Color Challenge 220So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie and Bashful Blue andSCS Sketch Challenge 230. Denise and I are part of the same demo group and I want to say congrats to her, that her color combo was selected for this weeks challenge. Check out her adorable card sample here that uses the Choo Choo set, from the Occasions Mini catalog.
So, the colors made me think BEACH :) Ahhhh!! Drifted away there a minute. I used images from the Just Beachy set also in the Occasions Mini catalog. Don't wait, you only have until June 30th to order from this catalog.
I used a piece of retired Bashful Blue designer paper that had some swirls and swishes that made me think ocean waves, I highlighted a few with my White Signo Gel Pen. I ran my vertical piece of Pumpkin Pie through my Big Shot with the Texturz Background also swirlies. Then I used a Sanding Block on the embossed swirlies to kreate a 'whitish' look on the embossed image. I colored all my images in with my So Saffron, Bashful Blue and Pumpkin Pie SU Markers and accented with my White Signo Gel Pen. I printed out my sentiment on the computer, punched it out using my Word Window Punch. Followed my sketch and colors, Just Beachy! :)

Important Dates:
May 31st - LAST DAY for May Promotions!
June 1st - Last Chance List (AKA Retired List) to be revealed!
June 30th - LAST DAY to order from the Occasions Mini Catalog
Last day to order from the Last Chance List(to be released June 1)
Last day to order from the Dormant Stamp List

Shop Online Now for all your favorite Stampin' Up! products.

Happy Kreating

Supplies:
Stamps: Just Beachy(113796,Occasions Mini)
Paper: Whisper White(100730), So Saffron(105118), Pumpkin Pie(105117), Bashful Blue(105120)
Ink: SU Markers So Saffron(105114), Pumpkin Pie(105115), Bashful Blue(105111)
Accessories: 1" Circle Punch(109046), 1-1/4" Punch(104403), Word Window Punch(105090), White Signo Gel Pen(105021), Big Shot(113439), Texturz Background Plates(114512), Sanding Block(103301), Dimensionals (104430)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a unique layout! I love it! You are so creative!

Mary Fish said...

The Bashful Blue DP DOES look like ocean waves. Love the layout and how you used the sun and beach items. The off set layers add such a fun touch. Hugs, Mary

Patti MacLeith said...

Love how you popped out the sun with the brad and how you colored the pail and ice cream. So summery!