Monday, June 22, 2009

In Color Mojo

I'm loving the gorgeous new In Colors. They will be available to order with the release of the new catalog July 1. My card today highlights them all from the Bermuda Bay soft outline, to my Soft Suede wheel barrel, to my Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry flowers down to their Dusty Durango pots. And the most exciting part, all these colors now come in markers too. Easy enough to color your stamped image with your color of choice and get more than one color on your image. The little flower from this soon to be Last Chance stamp set, Blooming with Love, was colored with In Color Markers and Old Olive for the stem and then stamped. I did a lot of masking on my focal point to give a feeling of depth with my pots and flowers. Masking is just a technique of covering up a section to make it appear as though something is in front or behind an image. HINT: Stamping your image onto a sticky note (makes it self adhesive) and snipping it out is the perfect little masking template. For this card I had a wheel barrel mask, a pot mask and even snipped out that little flower.
Here is an example of masking -

Mojo Monday inspired my card layout. After my images were masked and stamped in Basic Brown, I went back and 'colored' in my images using my Blender Pens (gives it a watercolored appearance). Each of my In Color ink pads were squeezed a little to kreate a pool of ink in the lid when opened. Dab your blender pen in the ink and start to color. TIP: When using blender pens, you don't want to continue to go over an area as you will saturate the paper and begin to pill it. Start at your edge/s where you will want it the darkest and let the blender fade to light before you ink it back up. It does take practice with these, but you will love them once you get the hang of it.
Followed the Mojo layout, my image placed on a Scallop Edge Punched Crushed Curry matte onto my Melon Mambo and Dusty Durango card base. Melon Mambo and Dusty Durango were given the ol' fashion embossed look using my Priceless Brass Template, light box and Stylus. A Sanding Block lightly buffed over the embossed image helps it stand out a touch more. Any questions, I'm here for answers :)

Only 2 weeks left, you have until June 30th to order from:
* Occasions Mini
* Last Chance Accessories
* Last Chance Stamps
* Decor Elements

Also ends June 30th - Learn how to earn EXTRA hostess rewards here. Contact me if you live in the Bergen County NJ area and would like to host a party in your home or a virtual catalog party.

Shop ALL product orders online with me.


Supplies:
Stamps: Bloomin with Love (Last Chance-114936)
Paper: All new In Colors (available July 1)
Ink: Basic Brown, All new In Colors (available July 1), Signo White Gel Pen (105021), Basic Black Marker (100082)
Accessories: Blender Pens (102845), Scallop Square Punch (112081), Brass Template-Priceless (109541), Stylus (100663), Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon (reverse side plain - avail July 1)





10 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Excellent job! So much depth! Perfect in every way!

Caryl P said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for the visual tip on masking too, a picture always helps.

Mary Fish said...

Unbelievable job with masking and coloring. Amazing card. Great for showing off all the new colors. Wow!!! Hugs, Mary

Gina said...

Oh, Kim, I love this card! It's really beautiful! And I love how you showed the masking technique. What a fantastic post!

Melissa said...

Excellent job illustrating masking! The card is super sharp! Love it!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Love that you showed how to use masking.

I've never tried that but you've inspired me!

Love your In Color card.

Patti MacLeith said...

LOVE the tutorial and the bright In Color combo! Wonderful job!

Lorraine said...

Great card Kim! Wonderful job with the tutorial. Lovin' these new colors!

Carrie said...

Love these colors together and beautiful watercoloring!

Denise said...

Your watercoloring is wonderful and the post on masking is SO helpful! Great job, Kim!