Thursday, August 5, 2010

PPA54


Here I am ;) thoroughly enjoying my summer days, but I wanted to Play at the PPA! Todays challenge is to Keep It Simple Sweetie (KISS), masculine style! I can always use masculine cards, which are so hard for me so this is a great challenge... here I go. Geometric is my easy go-to for masculine card making, so I played with some circle punches and a fun new stamp set Word Play in the new Idea Book and Catalog.
* Crumb Cake cardbase
* 1" Crumb Cake Circles, 1-1/4", 1-3/4" Soft Suede and Early Expresso Circles
HINT: To get your rings, punch out your 1-1/4" circle first and then line up your 1-3/4" Circle over the circle you just punched out and you'll get your thin ring. The Circle Scissor Plus is also a fabulous tool for making circles and rings of all sizes as well!
* Wish Big from Word Play was inked in Choc Chip Craft ink, removed the ink from the star and inked it with a Pacific Point Marker, gave a little huff to remoisten and stamped onto Crumb Cake. Applied Clear Embossing Powder and heated 'er up with my Heat Tool.
* Inked up star again with Pacific Point, stamped off onto Whisper White and snip, snip, snip. Added my star over the image with a piece of glue dot for a little more dimension
* Punched out sentiment with 1-3/8" Square. Applied a 'soft' edge for dimension using my dauber and Soft Suede ink.
* Using my piercing tool and mat pack, kreated a 'frame' around my focal point.

Kept It Simple Sweeties! Hope you enjoyed it. I'd love to know what ya think! Thanks so much for stopping in for a little dose of me :)

ANY questions about techniques, my kreations, product orders, joining my team, ANYTHING, I am only a click away :)

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders.

Happy Kreating

13 comments:

Cards by Gina said...

Love, love, love your card! I'm such a circle person and your colors together are terrific! Love that touch of blue!

Pam~ said...

You captured masculine with this card...fabulous. I love those circles too. Have a great day!

STASIA SLOMA said...

love this card! You did a great job with the challenge!!!! It just maybe a future case!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Kim! Love the circles! Perfect color selection! Very clever!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Really fun card, Kim.

You had me at Crumb Cake. :)

Patti MacLeith said...

Your perfect masculine KISS perfectly matches your blog colors!

Ginger said...

Love your card Kim! Nice balance and the colrs are dynamite!

Mary Fish said...

Way to hop on the challenge. Love your circle and rings . . . the essence of simple and masculine. Hugs, M

Linda Callahan said...

You definitely get an A in geometry! These circles are fabulous - you go girl!

Carla said...

A happy card... it made me smile. I love the circles, dots, rings!!! Hugs,

Angie K. said...

Cute and clever card!

Debbie Modrowsky said...

Simple and delightful!

Are you going to Tina's event at the end of the month in Basking Ridge?

Debbie

Rachel said...

had to CASE this one!