Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Facelift

Well, it was high time I gave my blog a little facelift! But I'm not sure its lifted enough - love the polka dots and colors, but not sure of the dark brown where all the text is written. And unfortunately that brown is not an option I can play with :( Please forgive my butterflies - I've tried EVERYTHING to get them to fly over to the left in that empty space and they just want to hover around my title! I will continue to try my best to move them, if anyone has any insight I'd love your input- computer wiz I am NOT!!! I may just leave this to the professionals!! So please let me know what you think.

Onto why you stopped by (and I'm so glad you did), the next kreation. This card was my bonus card at my Stamp a Stack. I love this new set, A Cardinal Christmas (Holiday Mini)and I loved the Stained Glass tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers. I stamped my image in VersaMark onto Vellum Paper and then heat embossed with Black EP. Then I used my SU Markers on the back of the vellum to color in my image. Turn your image back to the embossed side and you have the 'appearance' of stained glass. Such a pretty look. I applied alittle vellum transparent adhesive to a piece of Very Vanilla and adhered down the vellum cardinal. TIP: Make sure to apply vellum adhesive to your cardstock, NOT the vellum or it will show on your vellum. The piece of Very Vanilla was given a decorative edge with the Scallop Edge punch. A small piece of Riding Hood Red Striped Ribbon peeks out behind the image. The branches were inked in Old Olive and stamped onto Old Olive Paper and then used Paper Snips (excellent scissors to cut detailed images) to cut them out. Added a bit of glitter (photo never looks quite as good as the card - sorry for the bluish look of the glitter - its just enough sparkle in person) to the leaves and a few festive berries. Placed dimensionals behind them to 'frame' my cardinal. The sentiment, from Heard from the Heart was inked in VersaMark onto my Riding Hood Red base and then heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.
I'm hoping you will leave me a comment below and let me know what you think of my new look and of course what you think of my Stained Glass cardinal.

For now, go kreate
Kim

3 comments:

Michelle Tech said...

Very pretty! I haven't tried this technique yet, but now I should!

Tiffany said...

Great job with the stained glass technique Kim! It's so pretty!

I love the brown background on your blog. I have been meaning to shake mine up a bit too, but blogger is so hard to figure out sometimes. Nice job on your part though!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim: I love your new border and the cardinal card is beautiful (I need to try the stained glass--I keep threatening but never get to it). Hugs, Mary