Thursday, October 9, 2008

Little Bundle

I love this Hostess set (lev 2), Serene Spring. When I saw that little bunny peering out of the basket, I just had to have it. So I finally got around to introducing it to some ink :) I inked in Basic Brown and stamped onto Whisper White. TIP: In order to do any type of watercoloring you want to make sure you stamp your image in a waterproof ink to avoid your image bleeding. SU has 3 colors to chose from: Basic Black, Basic Brown, and Basic Gray. So after stamping my image, I took my Blender Pen to various inks and colored in my image to give it that watercolor effect. TIP: Squeeze a closed SU ink pad together and when you open the lid, there will be a pool of ink in the lid ~ dab your Aquapainter or Blender Pen in that ink and you can begin to color. Pretty neat, huh!? My Little Bundle of Joy sentiment came from another Hostess set (lev 1) , Punches Three. Inked in Close to Cocoa first and then again in Pretty in Pink. Used my paper snips to cut out the middle sentiment, added some brads and layered that with dimensionals on the top of the Close to Cocoa piece. Don't have the new Large Oval punch, yet :) , but easy enough to snip this out as well. If you read my post yesterday, I gave you a tip on using VersaMarker and Embossing Powder, well, once again I was able to use this technique. Hard to see in the picture, but the little carriage in the sentiment was embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. Love it! Placed my oval on Choc Chip Grosgrain Ribbon and this baby is ready to be delivered :)

If you'd like to get these adorable Hostess sets, well, save your pennies and treat yourself to lots of fun loot, OR get some friends together and host a party at your home OR get some orders together and reap the benefits of a party without the actual party. Free stamp sets and free merchandise start with a minimum $150 product purchase. If you live in my area, I would be glad to come and party with you :) If you're not in my area, we can still party - contact me and I'll tell you how!

For now, go kreate
Kim

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Beautiful coloring on this Kim! It's so soft and pretty. Just beautiful!!!

Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

OMG . . . I love the combo with the spring set. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Kim. Great post today, too!

Wish we lived closer so you could teach me how to water color.