Monday, November 3, 2008

Birthday Bash

I had mentioned that my sister-in-law and niece were coming this weekend so we could stamp my nieces b-day invites and some little favors. Everything came out adorable! She really likes hot pink (Pixie Pink) and lime green (Green Galore), so our base was layered with those 2 colors. I used the Crazy for Cupcakes set to stamp out the large cupcake with Basic Black onto Whisper White and then used blender pens with Pixie Pink and Green Galore to color in the cupcake. Used the 2-way glue stick to apply some glitter and then added liquid applique to kreate my yummy cake topping. Popped up the cupcake in the corner with dimensionals for that 3-D effect. Then we used the Cupcake Wheel and wheeled it across some Whisper White and she used Stampin' Pastels to color in the little cupcakes and then snipped them out and we popped them up on dimensionals as well along the side. Inked the invite in Green Galore and we have a scrumptious lookin' card.
She had liked my Bella Tote, so we changed up the paper with the closest I could come to the 'bright' colors she wanted, Georgia Peach Designer Paper. Here is a tutorial from Stampin with Di for this cute bag. I think they turned out so cute and better yet, my niece and SIL loved them too!


Then I made some sour cream containers (see more examples here) with the same designer paper, different pattern, and sealed them with adorable bracelets inside (Thanks cousin Lisa, check out her TrendsRUs site here.) Added a Pixie Pink Scalloped Circle and stamped 'for you' from the Fresh Cuts set in Pixie Pink and used my 1 1/4" Circle Punch to pop out the sentiment on Pretty in Pink and placed it on dimensionals in the center of the Scallop. Don't ya think it came out cute! My b-day is approaching and I'm gonna throw myself my own party just to make these cute favors :) (Just kiddin, not throwing a party for myself, but I do love how they turned out!! :) ) Glad you had fun Alex. Make sure to thank Mom for bringing you all the way to my house to stamp- it was lots of fun with you and Mom!!! Love yas!


It's getting to be countdown time for the upcoming holidays, so make sure to come back and visit for some holiday inspiration :) Better yet, subscribe to my blog and receive an email when I post something new- then for sure you won't miss out! I'm only a click away if you have any questions :)

For now, go kreate
Kim

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

How pretty! I just love pink, and all your creations here are just darling - especially the invitation!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOO so cool!!!

I love the invite and the color scheme.

FABULOUS

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job for the party invites and goodies! Hugs, Mary

Tanya said...

These all turned out great!! Well done.