Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Harvest

This isn't quite what I had envisioned when I began this card, but became completely stumped for a layout. When my SIL and niece were here for a visit, I had stamped out a few images from Happy Blessings (Holiday Mini)set that she had ordered and figured when I got the chance I could play with it. As I said, not quite what I had envisioned, but I can't always be 100% happy with my kreation. It's just a little plain or something... I had really liked the way my image turned out after 'coloring' it in with Blender Pens and the rest is just ok. Really Rust base decorated with the Scallop Edge Punch and some More Mustard peeking out from beneath the scallops. The Whisper White with colored image (using SU stamp pads and Blender Pens) is torn and placed on a torn piece of More Mustard and then layered on Old Olive. TIP: Kreate a pool of ink in your SU lid by squeezing the closed pad in the center and upon opening, the lid will have a little pool of ink that you can dip your Blender Pen in and begin 'coloring'. My tag punch kreated my 'happy harvest' tag which is layered again with More Mustard and Old Olive and dangles from some linen thread. The Mat Pack and my paper piercer helped to add a bit more depth to the overall design. We are always our worst critics, but I hope it will inspire some of you.

For now, go kreate
Kim

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

This is a great autumn card Kim! We are our worst critics. It's bad!!! You create such wonderful things and inspire me with every posting. Keep up the good work!

Have a wonderful weekend. TGIF!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty...

I have such a hard time with coloring images, I usually just avoid it.

You do such a good job and showcase the sets perfectly.

Lorraine said...

Your coloring is wonderful and I love the color combo you chose for the card. The paper piercing really adds a lot. It's wonderful! There are so many good parts it can't be bad!