Sunday, January 4, 2009

Card Portfolio Tutorial


Today I'm going to show you a very easy gift idea!! I had done these back in October to send to my virtual Pal Kris and her mom and upon receiving it, she loved it (Phew, so glad!!) Click HERE if you'd like to see it.
So we decided to kreate a step by step tutorial for you all. You will be amazed at how simple this is and it's a great little gift. Ready, here we go...



Using SU's Medium Envelopes (5-3/4x 4-3/8) Cut the sticky adhesive part of flap off of envelope 1. Cut the flap off envelope 2.

Apply adhesive to the back of flap of envelope 1.
Insert the flap of envelope 1 inside envelope 2.
TIP: Be sure to have both envelopes facing the same direction.

Fold in half. Wrap and adhere ribbon (I used Rose Red 1" Double-Stitched Grosgrain) around the outside of the
portfolio to tie it together. You now have a portfolio to house the SU Note Cards (sized 3 ½” X 5”) in one side and envelopes (sized 3 5/8” X 5 1/8”) in the other.

Decorate the outside of your portfolio.
Stamps: Priceless set(Pretty in Pink flourishes in the top corners); Happy Heart Day set, currently on dormant list
Used my Top Note Die on Regal Rose and sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa Ink. Stamped my mouse on Close to Cocoa in Close to Cocoa ink and snipped her out. Stamped her again on Pink Pirouette in Close to Cocoa ink and snipped out her shirt. Used some heart chipboard from On Board Simon Upper and covered them with Regal Rose Craft and Rose Red Craft ink and then heat embossed with Iridescent Ice EP. The largest heart was asking for a bit more bling, so I used the Crop-a-dile to pop in a Filigree Brad and centered it with Pink Circle Fire Rhinestone Brad. Tried to kreate the same look as the little mouse stamp just in larger version :) Lastly, stamped the sentiment in Close to Cocoa on Pink Pirouette, punched it out with the Wide Oval Punch and sponged the edges in Close to Cocoa. :)

Stamp customized note cards and envelopes to slip inside. I left my notecards simple, without embellishments or dimension so that I can fit about 4 notecards and 4 envelopes in each side. Notecard stamped with the 2 step Something New to Love set. Pretty in Pink love heart stamped first, then the outlined heart stamped in Rose Red Craft ink and embossed with Clear EP. Sentiment also inked in Rose Red Craft ink and embossed in Clear EP. Finished it off sponging the edges with Pretty in Pink. The envelope has some simple Rose Red hearts from the Happy Heart Day set.

Hope you enjoyed this fun and simple tutorial. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Make sure to hop on over to Kris's blog at Kween Bee's Kreations to see her portfolio sample (I haven't seen hers yet, but I can't wait! It's sure to be amazing!)

Now go ahead, its all laid out for you, go kreate
Kim

ETA: Kris and I must have been on the same wavelength when we decorated our folders, huh? Love it Kris!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fabulous tutorial. Clear, easy steps and such a pretty result! Hugs, Mary

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Kim!!

You went above and beyond by doing a step by step tutorial. I didn't go that far, but hope my PDF was enough!

I love your portfolio and thanks for posting with me.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card Kim, I LOVE the envelope idea, how creative! LOVE the fun design and awesome detail.

I checked your blog last time you wrote about your card but for some reason it was not post? I am glad I can finally see it now!!

Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer :)

Tiffany said...

Great tutorial and very clever. I will definitely file this one in my books!

Thanks for sharing Kim!

Michelle Tech said...

What a great idea! Really cute!

Bridgett Owens said...

I saw this project in the SCS gallery. I came to your blog and I love it! Your work is amazing!!!!! Thank you for an awesome tutorial. I am eager to make these for my hostess gifts!!
Hugs,
Bridgett