Friday, January 23, 2009

Garden Beauties


I return with the project I promised using the retired From the Garden stamp. You can view the card if you scroll down to the next post. I hope this stamp will return one day to our SU catalog - its such a pretty image! I kreated these tile coasters and trivet set to give to my sister-in-law for Christmas. She had a 'winter' themed coaster set and I thought this would do nicely for just about any other time of the year. I inked up my stamp in Black Stazon and firmly pressed the image onto my tiles and also my trivet. I used various Pastels to color in my images. I wasn't sure how they would 'take' to tile, but I feel in love with the soft look and it worked beautifully. I sprayed the final projects with 3 coats of Krylon Matte Finish sealant spray. They make a great little gift. Hope you like them! If you have an questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
If you'd like to view some other tiles I've done, click HERE. Have a good one!

For now, go kreate
Kim

4 comments:

Michelle Tech said...

Very pretty. I never thought to use this on a tile and it's stunning!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you blew me away on these coasters. So when are you going to be my Guest Stamper? Hugs, M

Caryl P said...

Kim, these are even more beautiful than promised! I have a set of coasters made for me by a student's parent and I adore them. I'll definitely need to find a stamp that would be worthy of the coasters. Thanks for another great idea!

Tiffany said...

WOW! What a beautiful gift. Beautiful stamping & coloring Kim.