Sunday, August 30, 2009

Beautiful Butterflies
















Hmmmm, life before computers... can you remember? After a very long 5 days, my computer is back and virus free! Thank you so much Tim for getting rid of that 'pesky little sucker'. Who knows how that little bugger got in, with all our anti-virus software etc - so be careful out there!!! Hopefully this will not happen again anytime soon!!!

Is anyone else out there lovin' the Cottage Wall DSP? I know more than a few of you are saying me, me, me :) This DSP paired with Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive - its just so darn purdy!!!
* Started with an Old Olive standard size card base
* Added layers of Cottage Wall DSP, Rich Razzleberry and Pale Plum
* Butterflies were popped out of Rich Razzleberry and Pale Plum using the Big Shot and the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die
* The edges of my Pale Plum butterflies wings were lightly dragged over a VersaMark Pad. Sprinkled on some Iridescent Ice and heat set with my heat tool to give these wings some sparkle. The Rich Razzleberry butterfly got the full sparkle treatment and then some. A few non SU rhinestones kreates the body. Bling Bling :) love this butterfly!
* Set this beauty on Old Olive, given a decorative edge with my Paper Piercer and Mat Pack, and gave her a 'flight path' with a sentiment from the Flight of the Butterfly set. TIP: If you don't own the Big Shot (why not?), but you have this stamp set, you could easily replicate the same idea. And if you have the Butterfly Punch (116629), well, a lot quicker than snippin' them out by hand :)
* An Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon and tiny bow add the final touch.

AND I'd like to warmly welcome Marisa to my team, she was excited to be able to join with Stampin' Ups!$85 Starter Kitdeal. This deal ends tomorrow Monday Aug 31st. Don't miss out on this great opportunity and all the benefits to being a demonstrator. Join my team today!!


Shop ALL product orders online with me.



Supplies:
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly
Paper: Cottage Wall DSP, Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Ink: Old Olive, VersaMark
Accessories: Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Old Olive Grosgrain

9 comments:

Gina Shaw said...

Stunning, Kim, I love the DSP so much and the butterflies are truly beautiful!

Ann Schach said...

I, too, am a Cottage Wall fan! Your butterflies are always perfect, as are all of your cards! Lovely as usual, Kim!

Mary Fish said...

She's baaaaack! And, with a beautiful card . . . was this one in your head the whole time your computer was misbehaving. Absolutely lovely. The "ice" tipped wings must be divine. Hugs, Mary

P.S. Congrats to Marisa. She is in good hands.

Melissa said...

Wowee-wow-wow! Man, you have so much talent!

This is just awesome! You have me ordering that Ice stuff now! It's all your fault.

I love the colors, the ribbon, the bling, everything!

Tiffany said...

Welcome back! What a beautiful card. Love the glistening butterfly. I bet it even looks better in person. Gorgeous Kim!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

This is THE perfect Kim card. I absolutely love the shine and the sentiment "trail".

Welcome, Marisa! You're going to love SU!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Oh and I have to add "what Melissa said" ...

"You have me ordering that Ice stuff now! It's all your fault."

LOL

Patti MacLeith said...

Very nice, I love all the layers and your color combo!

Carla said...

My favorite paper and so are butterflies. Your card is so pretty. I love those layers! *smile*