The PPA14 challenge today is to 'Think Pink' in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. Unfortunately we all know of someone effected by this terrible disease, so lets raise awareness together with a tribute to all those battling this disease and to all those that have beat it!
I was initially in pink baby mode as my girlfriend is due any day, but then decided to 'think pink' in Christmas mode. I have always loved the look of the soft pink and white poinsettias, it makes me think of a Victorian era. I had seen Andrea Walford kreate holly leaves from a Wide Oval punch and 1-1/4 Circle Punch. Not quite poinsettias, but a non traditional holly and Christmas colors... I thought it would be the perfect soft pink touch. I was in love with the idea in my head more than the outcome of my card. I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to! Maybe it will grow on me?! or maybe I'll need to work on it :)
* Standard Whisper White card base with the edges sponged with Pretty in Pink. Tip: I use daubers on almost every card I make. They keep my fingers clean :) (hate to get an ink smudge on a finished card!), and they are the perfect little tool to add a little depth and dimension.
* Used a VersaMark Pen to line the edge of the card and heat set some Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder.
* Popped out three Wide Ovals in Whisper White and applied some Champagne Shimmer Paint with a Sponge Dauber. Using a 1-1/4" Circle Punch, I continued to kreate my holly leaves.
* Added some Pretty in Pink to the edges of my holly with ...yep, a Sponge Dauber. Then edged each holly leaf with some Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds.
* Each holly leaf was popped up on dimensionals and 3 pink Fire Circle Rhinestones kreate the 'berries'
* The Scribbles Swirls sizzlit and Old Olive took a run through my Big Shot. Added some Crystal Effects and more Dazzling Diamonds to match my holly.
* My sentiment, from All Holidays, was inked in Regal Rose Craft ink and set with some Iridescent Ice embossing powder.
* The corner accents come from the Pattern Pines Hostess Lev 1 set in the Holiday Mini. These were given the same treatment as my sentiment.
Think Pink and make sure to upload your kreation to the PPA. The design team has some pink Blog Candy waiting for you!!
Shop ALL product orders online with me.