A bit of a 'later' post, but with all the hustle and bustle of the season, my days are getting increasingly more hectic. But I wanted to share one of my wrapping ideas with you. I absolutely love the versatility of my Vintage Ornament stencils. Click here to view a few other kreations. This is a small 'hat' box (approx 7" diameter) that I purchased at my local craft store.
* Place a little removable Dotto adhesive to the back of your stencil and position as desired. (Careful when removing stencil!)
* Mask your ornament hanger with a Sticky Note. Ink up a piece of your sponge in the color of your choice and rub sponge in your image, reinking sponge as necessary. Move mask into ornament, ink up a Sponge Dauber and ink your 'hanger'. The colors for my ornaments were Encore Gold hangers, Bravo Burgandy, Handsome Hunter and Soft Suede ornaments.
* Take your accent stencils and apply ink with a Sponge Dauber and kreate your decorative accent. (Gold Encore accents were used for this project)
Now is when to say enough is enough, but no I had to keep playing. Wishing I hadn't, as the design got a bit smudged and I had to attempt to fix it
* After trying to apply some shimmer paint to my center ornament, the Bravo Burgandy seemed to 'lift' a bit kreating more of a smeared look - NOT what I was going for :(
* What to do... I had some stencil paste which I used to 're' accent my flourish in my center ornament. After this dried, I applied some more Gold Encore ink to the flourish. It will have to do!
* Gold cording bows 'hug' the necks of each ornament
* Inked up the words, using a sponge dauber, from an image in the Christmas Punch lev 2 Hostess set in Bravo Burgandy and stamped.
* The gorgeous Wide Choc Chip Striped Ribbon fits snuggly around the rim of my 'hat' lid.
I thought this would end and go to the land of 'misfits', but I think I managed to save it. It didn't turn out entirely as I had hoped, but I hope it inspires you to get krafty with your packaging this holiday! Off to continue with more hustle and bustle :)
Shop ALL product orders online with me.
Stamps: Christmas Punch (hostess lev 2 115366)
Stencils: Vintage Ornaments I & II (117580, 118141 - from definitely decorative catalog)
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Handsome Hunter, Soft Suede, Gold Encore Ink
Accessories: Gold cording (holiday mini), Wide 1-1/4" Choc Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponges, Sponge Daubers