In the meadow we can build a snowman and pretend that he's a circus clown, we'll have lots of fun with Mr Snowman, until the other kids knock em down When it snows ain't it thrillin tho your nose gets a chillin, we'll frolic and play the Eskimo way, walking in a winter wonderland!
Welcome to my Winter Wonderland themed challenge for the PPA. One of my childrens favorite books is 'A Stranger in the Woods' - an endearing story of wildlife finding a new friend in the woods. We have many other snowmen story favorites, so I recreated a scene for my card. Let me tell ya, my oldest daughter is my biggest fan, but this card put her over the top. She thought it was the 'bestest' card I've ever made. I don't know about that, but to see how happy it made her is memorable!!
Now if you are looking for a quick card to make, this is not it LOL. But it was worth the time to see the look on my daughters face. :)
* Inked my snowflakes from Serene Snowflakes in VersaMark and stamped onto Glossy White Paper (leaving an area to left where my tree will stand later)
* A must, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder and heat set to give those flakes a sparkle.
* Using my brayer and Bashful Blue ink, I rolled over the entire Glossy Paper. The snowflakes images resist the ink and kreate a perfect snowfall and sky
* I kreated my tall evergreen tree, inking my tree from Lovely as a Tree in Handsome Hunter and stamping it horizontally down the side.
* Went back with my Choc Chip Marker and added a trunk and some branches. Of course a little snowfall landed on a few branches using my White Signo Gel Pen and a few small accents with Crystal Effects and White Essential Chunky glitter. (sorry a photo doesn't capture these details)
* Tore a piece of Whisper White to kreate my mounds of snow. Brushed the edges with my VersaMark pad, added Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder and set with my Heat Tool for the ultimate glistening snow.
* This cute little snowman comes from the Lev 2 Hostess set Snow Buddies in the Holiday Mini. Outlined him using Bordering Blue marker and completed the rest of him with a Basic Black Marker. A huff of breath to remoisten and stamped onto Whisper White. With my most favorite scissors ever, Paper Snips, get into every nook and crany! With my blender pen, I picked up some Bordering Blue ink and highlighted. Popped him up on dimensionals.
* Now to his 'Forest Friends', aren't these woodland creatures so cute, finishing off their snowman. My deer, inked in Soft Suede and snipped out, has the little twig arm nestled in his mouth. While one of his little bunny friend waits to place on his hat! Now you may be wondering how I have the bunny image in both directions... a little secret... I stamped him in Sahara Sand onto transparency paper and took a piece of Whisper White and firmly rubbed it onto the transparency. I will not lie, he initially was a tad blochy, but what wonders a Blender Pen and some more Sahara Sand ink can do!
* The perfect sentiment came from a retired RubOn set, Word Flurries. This item, 111417, can still be found in the Clearance Rack Online!! And what a deal $4.99 (reg $10.95)
* Added a Polka Dot Red Ribbon to the corner and placed it onto a standard Soft Suede Cardbase.
Hope you enjoyed my Winter Wonderland, now won't you go kreate your own Wonderland and don't forget to upload it to Mr Linky on the PPA!!
Shop ALL product orders online with me.
Stamps: Forest Friends (113748), Snow Buddies (lev 2 hostess set - 116505), Lovely as a Tree (115026), Serene Snowflakes (115438_
Paper: Glossy White, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, VersaMark, Handsome Hunter, SU Markers: Bordering Blue, Basic Black, Real Red, Summer Sun
Accessories: Brayer, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Chunky Essentials Glitter, Crystal Effects, Real Red Polka Dot Ribbon, Paper Snips, Blender Pen, retired RubOns