I wanted to show a simple gift idea with you. I kreated this journal and matching RSVP pen for my nephew who is 10 and has a creative mind for story telling and drawing. Along with a small artist easel and sketch pad, I decided to use an SU Art Journal to make him a small book that he could doodle in or jot down his stories. I used two different patterns from To the Nines Specialty paper to decorate the cover.
* The polka dot pattern I used the Spiral Punch to get every nook of the chipboard covered (you could make it easier and just edge your paper to the spirals).
* I measured where I wanted the next pattern and butted them right next to each other. TIP: Sticky Strip has the ultimate bond, so for projects that are going to get a lot of 'use' or that you want to make sure stay together, you won't go wrong with it!
* My Choc Chip letters came from the Big Shot and the Go Go Boots Alphabet set. The Big Shot made personalizing it with his name a breeze!
* It needed something else... no frills though... I thought the Pewter Jumbo brads would add just enough without compromising the masculine lines. TIP: For more precise placements of eyelets and brads, I use the Mat Pack with a wonderfully handy little template included to mark out exactly were you want your embellishments to go.
* After using my template and mapping out where I wanted my eyelets, I used my Crop-a-dile to punch out the circles and then set the eyelets.
Within minutes my nephew was using his gift and drawing. I thought that was confirmation enough that this was perfect for him - although the huge smile and thank you spoke volumes too!! These chipboard journals would be great for a diary/journal; to affix momentos and special dates; to keep those special photos, scrapbook style; a recipe book... lots of options. Hope you like this quick and easy gift idea! Click HERE for some other ideas I have kreated with SU journals.
I'll be peering out my front window for that BIG Brown Truck to round that corner and stop in front of my house today :) New Goodies - WaHoooo!!!
If you want to see why I'm so excited check out the Occasions Mini Catalog! If you'd like a FREE copy (and don't currently have a SU demonstrator), I'd be happy to send one out pronto!
All these wonderful PROMOTIONS... it is time to Sale-a-brate!!
spend $50+ and pick an item of your choice FREE out of the Sale-a-bration brochure!!! And did you see the new Clear Mount option????...What about the new punch style...? What about Joining my Team with the new starter kit options for %15 off the retail price??? So much to be excited about!! Any questions, you know I'm just an email away.
Shop ALL product orders online with me.