Friday, January 22, 2010

Wallet Card

We are off for the weekend to visit with family in PA to celebrate 'winter' b-days before my in-laws become the 'snow-birds' and leave for warmer temperatures down south for a few months. My nephew will be turning 16 - holy cow, I remember celebrating his 1st
b-day when he smooshed his cute little face into his teddy bear cake. Time goes by way too fast!
16!!! Masculine!!! UGH!!!! What to do for a card????? Simple and fits the bill- literally :) I decided to make a wallet card. Very very simple!!
* 4-1/4" x 11" Choc Chip cardstock scored in half. Corner punched each corner.
* Sponged the edges in Choc Chip and using my Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, I pierced around the entire card.
* Using my Basic Black Marker, the fine tip side, I connected the dots to look like faux stitching
* With my VersaMark pad, I blotted the entire front of the card and then sprinkled Clear Embossing powder on top.
* Using my stylus (or you could use your bone folder) I kreated random lines horizontally and vertically
* Then using my Heat Tool I heated up the front to 'melt' the clear powder. The end result with the lines makes it look a bit like leather.
* Cut a piece of Dusty Durango and again blotted it with VersaMark and heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder
* Took the piece of Dusty Durango and bent in in different directions which 'cracked' the embossing and further gave it that rustic leather look.
* Using the Round Tab Punch, I followed the same technique to kreate the faux leather look for the 'closure'
* Using my Crop-a-dile, I set in a Pewter Jumbo Eyelet

Inside of Card
* Cut another piece of Choc Chip 3-1/2" x 11" and scored it in half and Corner punched bottom two corners
* Sponged the edges with Choc Chip ink and paper pierced.
* Applied Sticky Strip to the very edges (except along the top where you will slip in your gift)and placed along the bottom of the card.
* Inked up a retired happy birthday stamp in VersaMark and heat embossed with Black Embossing Powder.

A wallet card :) Its a simple design,no froo froo, but I know he'll be more interested in whats in the wallet, than what it looks like (and thats just fine!!!) Happy 16th Birthday Troy Boy!

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders. Don't forget your Sale-a-bration FREEBIES with orders of $50+ (before shipping and tax)

6 comments:

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I love it!!

Very masculine. :)

Linda Callahan said...

Wow - you are so kreative! Very cool.......

Patti MacLeith said...

oooooooo! I'm so excited to know how to do this! And you make it sound easy! Thanks, Kim! It looks awesome!

LeAnne said...

Very cool, Kim! I have seen these done but never attempted it!
Have fun with your family!

Tiffany said...

Way too cool Kim! He will love it. Your projects are always a hit!

Where in PA did you go? If it's anywhere near me, you are in big trouble for not stopping by. Hee hee!

Take care.

Carla said...

Love your wallet... that is cool!!! Hugs,