Here is another card, from my last class, using the Groom Specialty paper. The Groom Specialty and Bride Specialty paper (sold separately) are so pretty, classy, elegant, they take care of themself. Simplicity is all you need with this gorgeous paper. Click here if you'd like to see my previous wedding card post.
A few graduation celebrations may be just on the horizon for some of you.
* Cardbase using the Groom Specialty Paper cut at 4x12 folded to 4x6 (make 3 of these out of one sheet of Groom paper)
* Brushed Silver cardstock used to cut out a square for the hat base. (If you have 'graduating' square punches, this will be a cinch) Guess what new punch I'll be owning soon :) Then the inner square cut out of Shimmery White cardstock.
* Using my Piercing Tool, I pierced the center of my hat to add my silver brad and Gray Taffeta Ribbon. Tip: To fray the edges, simply make a slight vertical cut into your ribbon and gently pull at the fibers until it begins to fray. Keep going until you get the amount of 'fray' you want
* Pop my cap up on dimensionals
* A small strip of copy paper was used to roll up my diploma and tie it off with some silver cording and adhere with a Glue Dot
* A strip of Brushed Silver kreates a horizontal panel to layer a punched Curly Label in Shimmery White, then a Basic Black Modern Label and my sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes popped out with the Word Window punch. FYI: Teeny Tiny Wishes is an EXCELLENT set to have on hand - it has sentiments for MANY different occasions
Using the Bride Specialty paper would look great for a female graduating too! Love this paper!! FYI: Did you know, you can take any of the Bride Specialty paper and make it whatever color you'd like!!!??? How you ask? Ink up your brayer and roll it over your Bride paper. The shiny embossed portions of the paper will resist the ink and stay white while the rest of the paper will turn the color you brayered on. COOL right?!
Any questions about any of my cards or techniques, feel free to email me anytime! Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts, love it when ya do ;) Happy Stamping...
You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders. Don't forget your Sale-a-bration FREEBIES with orders of $50+ (before shipping and tax)
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
Paper: Groom Specialty Paper(116478), Brushed Silver(100712), Shimmery White(101910), Basic Black(102851)
Ink: Stazon Black(101406)
Accessories: Gray Taffeta Ribbon(109064), Silver Brads(104336), Curly Label Punch(112208), Modern Label Punch(116630), Word Window Punch(105090)