I've had a lot going on lately and not much time to stamp for me, so I took a little me time to kreate a card using the PPA challenge. The challenge was to use Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo and Basic Black. I immediately thought of a gorgeous sunset I had seen many years ago while visiting family in Arizona - so many hues of pink, just beautiful!! So I became Inspired by Nature :)
* I ran Whisper White through the Big Shot with my Top Note die
* Punched out a 1-3/4" Circle to use as a mask for my sun
* I sponged on a touch of Apricot Appeal (I know its not in the challenge palette, but it is just a touch) around the mask
* Took away the mask and layered Pretty in Pink all over the rest of the card (the color of this photo seems to be a bit washed out - sorry, really has much more pink hues in person) and a bit over the stark white circle to soften it
* Then sponged the bottom quarter with some Melon Mambo
* Inked up the grasses from Inspired by Nature in Basic Black, inked off once onto scrap and then onto the lower portion of the top note. Then inked up the grasses again with Jet Black Stazon to get a darker more crisp image. Gives an appearance of depth to the grasses. Added a few wheat grasses in Jet Black Stazon from the Autumn Days set
* Highlighted some of the grasses and wheat with my Signo White Gel Pen. Also a few 'whisps' across the sky. TIP: to get your pen flowing, roll it across the back of your hand - the oils from your skin will help to draw out the ink.
* Inked up my new Clear Mount set Well Scripted, from the Occasions Mini, in Jet Black Stazon. Isn't that font gorgeous?!
* Matted the Top Note onto a Melon Mambo Top Note that I cut in half to show above and below.
* Layered onto Basic Black and then a Pretty in Pink card base.
* Kreated Black Brads using my 5/16" Neutrals Brads. How you ask? I took my silver brads and squished them into my VersaMark pad, then dipped into Black Embossing Powder and melted the powder with my heat tool! TIP: Do NOT attempt to hold your brad, you will scorch your much needed crafting fingers!!! Instead, what I do is squish in the pad and then with a clothespin (the spring loaded wooden clamp ones), I clamp the legs of the brad, dip into powder and heat up. Works great every time!
Ahhhhhh, I needed this serene scene! With a 'huge' snow storm (or so they say) headed our way this weekend, I will leave this card in view and think of the warmer days to come :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders. Don't forget your Sale-a-bration FREEBIES with orders of $50+ (before shipping and tax)