An oldie, but goodie. Pun Fun is such a cute and versatile set, yet I so often overlook it. I recently had a reason to play with it and combined it with lots of new elements and I love how it turned out. Many of you know the fabulously talented Ann Schach and she just welcomed not 1, but 2 pups into her home. This card was intended for lil Muffy before I knew of her brother. Anywho...
* I started with an Old Olive 5-1/4 x 5-1/4 square base
* Don't let Jolly Holidays DSP trick you, you can definitely make this fun paper last beyond the festive season. Layered my base with the large polka dots. Lets not leave out the other side of the paper!- a little flip of the corner reveals the striped side and adds just a little fun
* Added some Rose Red 'scallops' (click here to view this great trick using the Fancy Flower Punch from Mary Fish)
* Hid the seam with my scrunchie Rose Red ribbon (sorry retired) and embellished with a large, fun Very Vanilla Big Designer Button, from the Holiday Mini. Tip: Using a few scrap threads from my scrunched up ribbon, I threaded them through the button for a perfect match
Fray the edge of your ribbon and find a thread fiber that goes the length of the ribbon (not the 'fray') and gently pull and tug fiber which will kreate your ruffle. Keep pulling and scrunchin'. Ruffles can be tighter or loser depending on how much you scrunch. Give it a try, have fun scrunchin'
This can be done with Satin Ribbon as well. View it here
* With my Aquapainter, I colored in my little hippo, from Pun Fun. Stamped in Basic Black onto Shimmer White and colored in with Pink Pirouette and Pretty in Pink. Tip: When watercoloring without Watercolor Paper, I chose to use Shimmer White vs Whisper White. Seems to 'hold' the water better without the paper warping or piling from too much water saturation.
* Mounted the little hippo on Old Olive and then Rose Red with a little detailing from the Scallop Edge Border Punch
* Inked up my balloons in Basic Black, from Crazy for Cupcakes, on some scraps of Shimmer White and colored them in with my Aquapainter using Rose Red and Pretty in Pink for one and Certainly Celery and Old Olive for the other. Then simply snipped them out with Paper Snips and applied layers of dimensionals to the back to give them different depths. Tied some silver cording bows and adhered to the base of each balloon with a glue dot. The little details... cute ;)
* A few Basic Rhinestones bedazzle in the corners and I'm happy to send this one off
Hope you liked it! Any questions I am just a click away! Thanks for stopping in for a little dose of me ;)
Don't Miss :
** 20% OFF select bundles - Amazing, Beautiful, Cherished Handmade Holidays
** WIN approx. $400 in My Digital Studio Downloads - click HERE for contest details (contest ends Nov 15)
You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders.