OYE! In the midst of yet another blast from mother nature. For those of you in warmer areas, could you share the love?! Please?! I've had about enough of 'ol man winter! Since all I see is a winter wonderland (it is quite pretty), I guess it translated to my card today :) I originally saw a hand drawn snowman face somewhere in blog land and kept it tucked in my memory, but all I could remember was her name was Kim too - isn't she snow cute?!
* Get your MOJO going - jumpstart your kreation with a challenge, it gets those juices flowin! I started off with the current MOJO176 sketch challenge. Cut my Baja Breeze cardbase to a 5-1/4 square
* A soft winter sky. A piece of Paper Vellum was inked with Craft White Serene Snowflakes and dusted with some Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. Heat it with your Heat Tool for that perfect glimmer
* Strategy! How do you place vellum without seeing how it is adhered? In this case, a Glue Dot is strategically placed in the corners behind a snowflake. Sneeky ;)
* SNOW much fun! Tear your Whisper White paper, Smooch it with Vanilla Shimmer Mist and dazzle the drift with Dazzling Diamonds. Instant snow :)
* Now get punchy! A 1-3/8 and 1-3/4 Circle Punch kreate the snowlady. The Round Tab Punch, altered a tad makes for a cute little hat. And to finsh off her ensemble with a Blushing Bride scarf, I used the Word Window and Photo Corner Punch. Paper Snips were used to kreate some fringe on the ends of the scarf. Last but not least a Small Heart made with the new Glimmer Paper.
* Decorated her hat and scarf with a Daffodil Delight Rosette. Don't worry, you didn't miss something! Take your very vanilla Rosettes from the Occasions Mini and alter it to whatever color SU Marker you'd like. How versatile!
* Bedazzle - Added Basic Pearls to the Rosettes and her body and more Dazzling Diamonds to accent her rosy cheeks, chin, and body (TIP: I use a very little Crystal Effects to adhere my diamonds)
* Make it 3D - add a few Dimensionals for that bit of depth
* The sentiment Enjoy, from the Occasions Mini You're a Gem set falls among the snowflakes. To make it pop alitte, since it kinda blends in, I placed a Basic Rhinestone in the 'o'
* A final touch was some Chuncky Essentials glitter at the base of Rosey(as my daughter named her) and in the center of a few snowflakes.
I hope you Enjoyed ;)
NOW, I know you've been waiting so lets get to the WINNER of my blog candy! But first,thank you for all the wonderful comments on my KISSaturday card.
Drumroll please....... Random.org picked JEN
Love love love the card. It is so perfect!
Jen, please email me your address within the next 72 hrs so I can get your goodies to you. If I do not hear from Jen, I will pick another winner!
Thanks for stopping in! I hope you liked my MOJO interpretation(see other challenge inspiration below!) and I hope it inspires you to get your fingers inky! I love it when you share, so let me know what ya think,K?
Any questions, I am always just a click away!
SALE A BRATION is in full swing!!!!! NOW thru March 31st
You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders.
Anything Goes: The Paper Players
Bling it Up: The Rubber Cafe
Punch It: Pile It On
Winter Something: Stamp Something
ETA: Mary let me know the Kim I was speaking about was Kim Score. Thank Mary! And apparently the face I recalled was stamped, not hand drawn like mine. How cool would that be if SU had some face images to go with our punch art??? CUTE! Hint Hint SU