Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Soft Silhouettes


A sketch is always a great place to start to get your kreative juices flowin'. This card was inspired by this weeks Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge 238 (every Wednesday a new sketch is revealed if you need a little boost of kreativity).
* Soft Suede kreates my standard card base 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" folded at the top.
* A piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, cut approx 1/8" smaller, is run through the Big Shot with the new Perfect Details Texturz Plate
* An image from the Pocket Silhouettes set was inked out in Choc Chip Craft ink and stamped onto Very Vanilla three times and then covered with Clear Embossing Powder and using my heat tool to give it that embossed, shiny, raised look.
* Each image was punched out with the Scallop Square Punch
* The images were popped up on dimensionals on a Soft Suede panel
* 2 brads from the Neutrals Assortment were added to the end of the panel which was then layered onto the Very Vanilla.
* Adhered a little faux bow and piece of Soft Suede ribbon to the top of my Soft Suede panel
* My 'thank you' comes from the set Thank You Kindly, inked in Choc Chip Craft and again heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder

I really like how soft this simple color combo turned out. Whatcha think? Leave me a comment and let me know - love it when ya do :)

Make sure to check out
* the Deal of the Week
* Joining my team, become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for as little as $85. I'd love to chat with you if you have additional questions, contact me. Don't be shy, I had tons :)

Shop ALL product orders online with me. Happy Kreating!





Supplies:
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes (111672), Thank You Kindly (111700)
Paper: Very Vanilla (101650), Soft Suede (115318)
Ink: Craft Choc Chip (101816)
Accessories: Scallop Square Punch (112081), Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Big Shot (113439), Perfect Details Texturz Plate (115962), 5/16 Neutrals Assort Brads (112534), Soft Suede Grosgrain Ribbon (reverse side polka dots 115612), Dimensionals
(104430)

14 comments:

Gina Shaw said...

Love this very much, Kim! You did a great job with the colors and design and I love the stamps you chose.

Kim S. said...

I love the color combo on this card! A very pretty card...one that would be great for a 'Stamp A Stack' with the ladies!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

So pretty, Kim!

I especially love the way you did your ribbon.

That Thank You sentiment is so pretty. I may have to get that one!

Melissa said...

OMG! I really love this! The ribbon, the colors, the texture...all of it!

Mary Fish said...

Ultra classy. Love the images for this sketch and the bow is so elegant. Hugs, M

Ann Schach said...

Clean and classy! I love everything about it!

scrappingnana said...

Love everything about your card. I love the new Soft Suede SU color.
JoAnn

Lorraine said...

Great color combination. Very crisp and clean. Great idea to emboss those images!

Ruthie said...

Love this color combo! and the design! great job!

Patti MacLeith said...

ooooh Kim! Very nice! Love the embossing and the punched scallops, too. Maybe I need that punch...

Mary said...

This is so nice. I may have to stamp lift this one and share it with my stamp campers. I promise you give you all the credit!

Carla said...

I love every thing about your card. Wow. It really speaks to me. Can't wait to do one too. Hugs,

Tanya said...

This is beautiful!!

Denise said...

Kim, this is gorgeous. The color palette is so simple and incredibly elegant at the same time. Stunning!