Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Christmas in July?


I wasn't quite ready to make a Christmas card, BUT I've been wanting to play my new set. I had to have this new Good Cheer set, I just love this image of Santa and the deer. Do you remember my waterfall Christmas in July card last year? Click here to refresh your memory :) Do you see any resemblance? I love the none traditional colors of Christmas and Bermuda Bay has just taken place of Baja Breeze (never thought I could miss a color as much as I miss that one!!) But I'm loving this combo just as much!
I kreated this card with the Mojo Monday sketch as my inspiration.

* I used my Circle Scissors cutter (at 3cm) to cut out my Very Vanilla piece.
Then moved my dial to the very next tick mark and cut out my Choc Chip circle

* Inked up my image with a Dauber and Basic Brown ink (to isolate just Santa and the deer). Initially was planning to highlight my image with some colors, but ended up liking him as is.

* Ruby Red was run through my Big Shot with the Scallop #2 die

* The lower half of my Bermuda Bay standard card was run through the small polka dots Background Texturz Plate. The raised, embossed dots were 'scuffed' up lightly with a Sanding Block

* My snowflakes from the Christmas Punches Hostess lev 2 set were inked in Versamark and given a coating of Iridescent Ice and then set with my heat tool to given them their shimmer. So Cool - every image in this set has a coordinating punch. These snowflakes were popped out with the Boho Blossoms punch.

* My sentiment is from the Good Cheer set, using my Basic Brown dauber to isolate my words (the inside of the card has the rest of the sentiment) and stamped onto Very Vanilla

* A Ruby Red Photo Corner Punch and Boho Blossom punched out Bermuda Bay snowflake accent my corner.

* Used my dauber and Choc Chip ink along some edges.

Hope you enjoyed a little Christmas in July :) Leave me a comment and let me know what ya think - love it when ya do



Shop ALL product orders online with me.





Supplies:
Stamps: Good Cheer (115326), Christmas Punch(Hostess Lev 2 -115366)
Paper: Ruby Red, Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Brown, Choc Chip, VersaMark
Accessories: Big Shot(113439), Scallop Circle #2(113469), Texturz Backgrounds(114512), Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Boho Blossom Punch (110711), Photo Corner Punch(109042), Daubers(102892, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder(101930)), 1/4"Choc Chip Grosgrain(111367)

11 comments:

Kris Kilcoyne said...

A true Kim card.

I love it!

Mary Fish said...

Love your card. That santa image is the bomb. Excellent idea to add the snowflakes from Christmas punch . . . very clever :)

Hugs, M

Tiffany said...

Lovely! Neat color combination for a Christmas card. Another classy card from Kim! I love your work my "pal"!

Gina Shaw said...

Stunning! I love Christmas in July and I love this color combo. Terrific!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful! I love how you cropped Santa and the deer into a round image to fit this sketch. The snowflakes are awesome, too. As always, a perfect job!

Caryl P said...

A beautiful card to cool me down on this hot July day! I love that Santa image, because it's perfect on it's own or with a bit of color.

Gwen said...

Great card!! LOVE that santa image!!

Patti MacLeith said...

Hey Pal! Great card. My favorite parts are the color comination and the use of the two stamp sets together. I like it!

Melissa said...

Very clever, getting that santa to fit the sketch!

I love celebrating a holiday whenever you feel like it - why be normal? Normal is boring!

SCRAPCRAZY said...

Fabulous job!! Love the image..

Carla said...

Lovely card, from the circles to the corner embellishment... gorgeous colors too.