Thursday, November 5, 2009

Christmas Punch Tags


It's time for another challenge with the Pals. PPA15, a color challenge: Ruby Red, Taken with Teal and Going Gray. OK, I totally cheated: Ruby Red, Pacific Point (last years In Color - close(sorta) to Taken with Teal, right?) and Silver (its just a shiner gray) - well if I am being policed by my favorite Pals than I may be 'in trouble', but lets just run with it!! I'll take my chances :)
This set was a sample at my Tags Bags and Bows class using the hostess lev 2 Christmas Punch set, such a fun set. (you'll see the tags we made in my class in just a few days, promise). I couldn't wait to kreate one of these after seeing the sample in the current Idea Book and Catalog
*Each image was inked in either Pacific Point or Ruby Red and stamped onto Whisper White and popped out with its' coordinating punch. Some stamps were colored on directly with the corresponding markers in order to isolate specific colors on the stamp or images were colored in directly.
*Each image was then backed with a Ruby Red or Pacific Point coordinating punch and stamped with a 'to/from:' in this set. Some images were snipped out slightly to reveal an outline of the colored backing behind it.
*Of course I could not complete this project without a little extra festive glitz. Each tag glistens with a bit of Dazzling Diamonds. If you click to enlarge photo you may see this detail a bit better.
*My 1/16" punch kreated a tiny hole to slip my 'shiny gray' (Silver Cording) to tie off to kreate my tag. They all fit nice 'n snug in my little Pacific Point divider box. I left off the acetate lid as it was giving off a nasty glare - I'll have to try and take a picture during the day in some natural light. A big thanks to my pal Carla who sent me to Tonya Allens blog where she had directions for this box. I altered the directions to make them a bit easier to put together. Let me know if you'd like my 'tweaked' instruction :) These were so fun to put together and I'll be making quite a few more for little gifts.
Let me know what you think and shhhhh, don't tell anyone I cheated a bit with my colors :)

Shop ALL product orders online with me.

11 comments:

Carla said...

Kim they are beautiful!!! I cheated too, I had to add black to mine. lol Thanks for the shout out. I would love your tweaked directions... anything easier is wonderful. Hugs,

Linda Callahan said...

These tags are so cute! It's not cheating - think of it as creative license!

Ann Schach said...

Wonderful tags, Kim! I love them all! And they display beautifully in the box!

gcase1 said...

As always, a beautiful job. Love the tags and the colors. I would love the tweeked version of the box. The easier, the better for me! Thanks.

Cards by Gina said...

Oh, Kim, what a terrific idea and you did a sensational job with the tags. I love each and every one of them!

Melissa said...

This project is seriously special - a great gift and great inspiration! Lovin it!

Carrie said...

You put a lot of time and talent into these tags and the box! This is too cute.

Mike said...

Sneaky devil!
No card but a great 3D project. As others have said - lots of work and time on this one - and it shows. Beautiful job!
Mike

Margaret Moody said...

I love these, Kim! Love your color substitution, too! It looks great! I have this set too but haven't used it yet! You've inspired me to get it out and try some of these! Thanks for sharing! Great job with the challenge!

Stampin' Diva said...

Kim, excellent work. I have this set and can't wait to do something similar.

Eagerly awaiting your box instructions.

Angel said...

Would love your tweaked instructions. Your tags are very inspiring. I think I may make a set of these for my Bunco friends!