I am finally getting a chance to post my PPA17 challenge card to you all. Life has not been easy lately in this household, a lot of bad bugs attacking my kids, but this too shall pass, they are relatively healthy kids, so I guess we were due for more than a sniffle (it seems they've had everything in just a few weeks, so I say we've met our quota for the winter!! LOL)... And the craziness of the Holidays begins. I love this time of year, but boy did it ever creep up on me fast!! Anyone with me?
OK, onto the card -
Margaret Moody kreates the most fabulous sketches. I do hope you will play along, a sketch really kick starts your 'kreative juices' :)
I kept this card clean and simple much like the layout.
* Started with a Bravo Burgundy card base. I just love this color lately - it is so rich and elegant for the holiday
* A piece of Very Vanilla was placed on my swirly Backgrounds I Texturz plate and run through the Big Shot
* 4 punched Bravo Burgundy Scallop Squares were a perfect fit for this layout
* A non-traditional way to spell out a word, but I liked it :) N-O-E-L was inked up using Bravo Burgundy Craft ink and Lovely Letters set. Each letter was sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder and set/embossed with a heat tool.
* Each letter was punched out using a 1" Circle Punch and matted with Soft Suede 1-1/4" Punched Circles. Each Soft Suede circle was distressed with... yup, a Sponge Dauber, you know I love them, and Soft Suede ink.
* White Organza ribbon was easily transformed to Burgundy using a sponge and my ink pad. TIP: Let your ribbon dry for a few hours before placing on your card.
* A Clear Rhinestone Brad adds a very subtle bit of bling to the center of my bow.
Simple, but I do really like it :) Hope you do to! Make sure you check out my other Bravo Burgundy Christmas Cheer kreation and leave me a comment to be entered in my blog candy! I will announce the winner on Monday Nov 23rd!
Shop ALL product orders online with me.