Thursday, June 24, 2010

First Day for the Last Day

Thank you Pals Paper Arts for picking my Hula Bear card as one of the winning 'Summer theme' picks! I'm so honored! Its Thursday again, so its time for another PPA challenge. Margaret Moody brings us a fantastic sketch to jumpstart our kreations.
Friday marks the end of pre-school for my daughter, so this sketch was timely for me to whip up something teacher-ish with the very fitting set, First Day, from the Summer Mini.

I used some brand new goodies that you'll be seeing very soon with the July 1st release of the 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog: Scallop Rectangle Clearlit, Daffodil Delight Cardstock, Marina Mist Cardstock.

* Real Red cardbase was run through my go-to Embossing Folder, Square Lattice, from the Summer Mini
* The tiny alphabet image was inked in Stazon Black across a strip of Daffodil Delight
* The 4 apples image inked in Stazon Black was also stamped across a stip of Whisper White. The apples were then colored in with SU Markers Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Old Olive, Real Red and highlighted with my White Signo Pen
* The numbers image follow suit across a Marina Mist strip. Followed by some faux stitching with my White Signo Pen
* Ran Whisper White through the Big Shot with soon to be released Scallop Rectangle Clearlit. NOW, what is so cool about this, I could have inked up my bookworm first and then positioned the clearlit where I wanted to cut him out. Of course I did it the hard way though LOL {Really, with the new clear mount option, the positioning was actually quite easy}
* Inked up my bookworm in Stazon Black and stamped onto my Scallop Rectangle. Using a blender pen, Old Olive ink, Marina Mist ink, Daffodil Delight ink and Real Red ink, I colored in my bookworm.
* Added some Crystal Effects to his glasses as his finishing touch
* 4 Old Olive punched Scallop Squares kreate the perfect matte for my little friend!

Hope you enjoyed my kreation. Need to get those juices flowin'? Try starting out with Margarets sketch and see where it takes ya - Then, don't forget to upload your kreation to the PPA.


TIME IS RUNNING OUT -available until June 30th or while supplies last:

Join my Krew, now-June 30th is the perfect time with the $99 Mini Starter Kit (valued at over $180). Career or hobby demos welcome. AND there are no penalties or obligations, keep your goodies no matter what. I will be here to support and coach you along your journey and have lots of FUN!! Click HERE to see your starter kit contents (select items are customizable too!) If you'd like more information, I'd love to chat with you. Contact me and we can set up a time that works! Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Last Chance Stamp sets

Last Chance Accessories

Last Chance Definitely Decorative

Any questions, I'm just a click away!!

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders.

Happy Kreating

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Your little one's preschool teacher will love this! It's adorable. Love the crystal effects on his glasses! That's a great touch!

Linda Callahan said...

Just terrific! Love the colors - and all the details! And congrats on the PPA pick!

Pam~ said...

OMG...this is so cute! Congrats on being a PPA star artist!

Carla said...

Oh how cute. I love all your details. The book worm is adorable. Hugs,

Mary Fish said...

The images are custom made for the sketch. Love how you used the elements. Thanks for playing along and being a Pal. Hugs, M

Kris Kilcoyne said...

This is adorable.

I love the use of blue with the red and yellow. Very "teacher-ish". :)

Regina Mangum said...

This is really adorable! I just love this and I wish it were mine! XOXO

Ann Schach said...

Great texture! I love the strip of apples. Perfect color choices. This is just too cute!

Margaret Moody said...

Your daughter's teacher will love this Kim and I do, too!
Great use of the images from the stamp set! I love how you used the elements on each color band! Love Mr. Bookworm too and I'm adding the Clearlits Rectangle die to my wish list now! Thanks for sharing!

Cards by Gina said...

Sooooo adorable! Love the colors, texture, stamps--everything about your card!

Patti MacLeith said...

The details and the colors make this card an A+!

LeAnne said...

Wow, these are awesome details you've added to such a cute card! I agree with Patti--an A+!

Tara Bilbao said...

This is soooo cute. I love how you stamped the card stock to create cute borders. Very very sweet.

Tiffany said...

This would be a hit for teachers. Very cute Kim! Love the bright colors too.

Tanya said...

Love this! Too cute.