The new school year had begun! My oldest started PreK and she is loving it. This was just a little something for her new teacher.
The idea for the card come from one similar in the SU Stampin' Success Magazine, an awesome perk as a demonstrator, full of inspiration. I had to make one, it was just perfect. Supplies for card below. Then I had seen these adorable pencils out in blogland and decided to figure it out and make a few. They turned out to be very easy and OH so cute :)
* Started with a piece of Crushed Curry measured at 3-1/8 x 5-1/2 TIP: You may have to trim a little from your length measurements - each pack of mentos was slightly different
* Scored at 1/2, 1, 1-1/2, 2, 2-1/2 (along the 3-1/8 side)- kreates a pentagon shape which enables the side with your seam to lay flat on a surface
* Bent my score lines slightly and accented the lines - inked up my dauber in Crushed Curry and 'daubbed' it along my score line
* Placed a piece of Sticky Tape along the edge
* Slipped in my package of Mentos
* Removed the covering on the Sticky Tape and tightly wrapped and adhered my 'pencil' covering. The little pink end of my mentos represents the eraser
* A sliver (approx 1/2") of Brushed Silver is wrapped around the base of my eraser
* The final touch, a hersey kiss affixed with glue dots kreates the pencil tip.
* Wrapped them with Black Gingham ribbon and a Ruby Red Scallop with an apple stamped from Tart N Tangy. Adorable if I do say so myself! I couldn't pass up the opportunity, especially for her PreK teacher. I think my daughter would be a bit embarrassed if one day I sent these with her to high school LOL.
Hope you enjoyed and have a teacher in your life to kreates these for. Any questions, I'm only a click away!
Shop ALL product orders online with me.
Paper: Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla, Real Red, Summer Sun, Cameo Coral, Brushed Silver
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Basic Black Marker (pencil tip)
Accessories: Daubers, Black Gingham ribbon, 1-3/4 Circle Punch, Round Tab Punch, Word Window Punch, Big Shot, GoGo Boots Alphabet Sizzlits set
Paper: Crushed Curry, Brushed Silver
Ink: Crushed Curry
Accessories: Dauber, Multipurpose Adhesive, Sticky Strip
Non-SU - Mentos and Hersey kiss :)