Where does one's week go???? Started my Mondays Mojo104 on Monday and what happened from there...life! Can anyone else relate? But here it is, better late than never.
I have enjoyed using my Circle Scissor Plus on this Santa-Reindeer image from the Good Cheer set, click here to see another card, so this was the perfect sketch to do it again.
* Standard card base of Real Red, distressed with a dauber and Soft Suede ink
* Image inked with Basic Brown with a dauber to avoid inking up sentiment(ink is waterproof - image won't bleed when using your Aquapainter). Any small amt of ink on the sentiment in Santa's whiskers was removed using a Blender Pen and scribbling ink off onto scratch paper until completely clean
* Stamped onto Shimmery White cardstock - I selected this paper instead of Watercolor paper because I wanted Santas beard to stay white (not the off white/vanilla of our Watercolor Paper) and this is a bit easier to watercolor/use blender pens on than Whisper White.
* Used my inks, Aquapainter and Blender Pens to color in my image. Then guess what...I added 'Ice' to his whiskers :) If you follow me, you know I love a touch of sparkle, my 'ice'. Click on photo to enlarge image - you may see the sparkle better!
* Using my VersaMark Pen, I 'colored' in his beard and sprinkled on my Iridescent 'Ice' Embossing Powder and with my Heat Tool set the sparkle ('melting' the powder through heat setting, insures that your recipient won't look like a glittered Diva after handling your card )
* Using my Circle Scissor Plus, I was able to cut out the perfect circle around my image - which such ease!! And with a slight adjustment of my dial, a perfect Old Olive circle to layer behind it. Each circle again distressed with Soft Suede ink
* Punched out an Old Olive Scallop Circle - again distressed with Soft Suede ink
* My horizontal strips were kreated with a piece of Soft Suede and holly leaves from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty DSP in the Holiday Mini. When you view this paper, you will see it is holly leaves on white - well, white was too stark with this card, so out came the dauber again to distress the edges and lightly over the entire strip.
* The Choc Chip Brads finish off my Mojo!
For someone having a hard time saying good bye to summer, I've jumped full throttle into Christmas cards lately! LOL
Its that Holiday Mini I tell ya, you can't help but be inspired by all the holiday goodies. If you would like a copy mailed to you, email me and let me know.
Shop ALL product orders online with me.
Stamps: Good Cheer (115326), A Cardinal Christmas (111760)
Paper: Real Red, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Shimmery White(101910), Christmas Cocoa Specialty DSP(116770)
Ink: Soft Suede, Close to Cocoa, Real Red, Old Olive, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Circle Scissors Plus(112530), Scallop Circle Punch(109043), 5/16" Neutrals Assortment Brads(112534), VersaMarker Pen(100901), Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder(101930),Heat Tool(100005), Blender Pen(102845), Sponge Daubers(102892)