Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Shabby Chic Christmas


More cards from my Holiday Mini class bash. This one (or I should say 2), inspired by Kim Vandiepen, uses the gorgeous new holiday Christmas Cocoa Specialty Paper. Isn't this red and white paper pretty, and its even better in person when you see the dimension the flocking gives to the white damask image! Yep, I said flocking - its SO pretty!!!
OK, my girls had their choice which color combo they wanted to go with...so heres the gist of it
* Real Red card base or Soft Suede card base
* Using the fabulous Kind Thoughts Brocade Stencil (found in the definitely decorative catalog), I kreated the background by placing my stencil then using a Sponge Dauber to apply VersaMark to my card base
* A torn (and the other one torn and rolled) strip of Whisper White was adhered to the top of a strip of Christmas Cocoa Specialty DSP and adhered to the bottom half of the card
* White Taffeta or Kraft Taffeta Ribbon was used to hide the seam
* The final touches were my sentiments that came from the hostess lev 2 Christmas Punch set. The Wide Oval Punch was used to pop one out and then it dangles with some hemp twine. The other sentiment was popped out with the Large Oval Punch and placed on a Soft Suede Scallop Oval.

If you love these little punched out sentiments from the hostess lev 2 Christmas Punch set, consider Hosting a Party with me, check out the new Hostess Promotion, which will allow you to choose a stamp set from the Holiday Mini for $10 with a qualifying workshop order. If you aren't local or can't hold a workshop in your home, have a catalog party :) Contact me for any partying details

Change up the sentiments and this doesn't have to be Christmas-y! So which one would you like to see in your mailbox? Leave me a comment and let me know :) Love it when you do!

Shop ALL product orders online with me.


Supplies
Stamps: Stencil (definitely decorative - 116573)
Paper: Christmas Cocoa Specialty(116770), Real Red, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark(102283)
Accessories: Wide Oval Punch(112082), Large Oval Punch(107305), Scallop Oval(114889)
Red Hemp Twine (retired, sorry), Daubers (102892)

9 comments:

Melissa said...

These are GORGEOUS!! I am SO getting that paper! Gee, thanks for blowing my supply order out of wack!!

I esp love the torn shabby chic look, you are really good at that!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

On the first card, I absolutely love the Kraft ribbon against the Real Red paper.

Both cards are beautiful.

Mary Fish said...

Love that stencil and the colors really pop. I can't wait to use my Cocoa DP. Hugs, Mary

Patti MacLeith said...

Kim, I just love both of these cards! So very pretty. I might have to have that paper now!

Carla said...

Your cards are so pretty. I love the strips of white you did, gorgeous. Hugs,

Tiffany said...

Very classy! I just love that new paper.

Lorraine said...

Kim, these are beautiful. You're enabling me with those stencils!

Ann Schach said...

Kim, I love them both! However, you can send me the one with the kraft background! You really have a way with the shabby chic look! I am always in awe looking at your cards!

Margaret Moody said...

I really, really love these, Kim! They're absolutely beautiful! So simple, but so pretty! Thanks for sharing!