Welcome to our second Holiday Hop. This group of talented Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators are ready to show off their paper crafting skills for Thanksgiving/Fall. We will showcase all that Stampin’ Up! has to offer – from rubber stamps, designer paper, embellishments, and much more. TIP: Save the date on your calendar for our next hop. You won’t want to miss out!
* Christmas/Winter – December 1, 2009
You can follow the full Holiday Hop from start to finish by clicking the “next blog” or “previous blog” graphic at the end of this post. Or click on any of the sites listed below.
We’re thrilled to have you visit and excited to hear what you think of our hop. Feel free to leave as many comments as you’d like along the way. Happy Hopping
So when it is time to sit down for Thanksgiving dinner, does everyone stand around a few seconds to ask the host 'where should I sit?' I'm sure this must sound familiar! My solution, place cards. Fun, cute placecards :)
* Pop out 10 Wide Ovals in Dusty Durango. Using a Sponge Dauber, accent the edges with Soft Suede ink
* Fold Ovals in half and adhere 2 sets of 5 together
* Using a medium sized library clip, found at any office supply, adhere one set of Ovals onto the front of the clip using Glue Dots. Take the second set of 5 and adhere to the back of the clip - you now have a pumpkinish clip
* Using the Big Shot, Swirls Scribbles sizzlit die, and Handsome Hunter paper, I kreated my 'vines' for my pumpkin. If you don't have this as an option, stamp leaves and snip them out; or use the large oval punch, snip in half and crease in half to kreate a leaf. Or just using a piece of scrap kreate a little stem.
* Next kreate a tag to slip into the clip 'prongs'
* My tag was kreated using the Two Tags Die and running a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock through my Big Shot. I popped out 2.
* Each tag was distressed heavily along the edges with a Sponge Dauber and Soft Suede ink and lightly across the entire front
* Using the Wandering Words set and my In Color Markers, I colored directly onto my image for a variety of colors. Re-moistened the stamp with a huff of breath and stamped onto my tag. Cleaned my stamp and colored a few additional leaves for some extra foliage.
* On the second tag, after it had been distressed, I added my name using the Lovely Letters set in Soft Suede in. Colored only the leaves on my Wandering Words stamp and randomly stamped them around the name.
* Adhered both tags together back to back and there you have it, a cute little place card and holder.
Last years place cards were a cute little Tom Turkey, can you believe I didn't take a photo of them. But you can see Tom on the matching Napkin Rings I had done. Not that conversation is ever lacking Thanksgiving day, but a handmade item, what a conversation piece. Have fun kreating something festive for your table!
Well thanks so much for hopping by. If you've enjoyed the stop, won't you please take a moment to leave me a comment. Love to know your thoughts :) If you'd like to order any of the products featured in my projects, Order Online @ www.kimberlyjoy.stampinup.net or email me. Any questions, I'm just a click away!
OK, lets keep hopping!!! If you are on track, please continue to Stampin' Fabulousity to see what fabulous things Kalsheila has done! For your convenience, click on the arrows to find the previous or next blog spot. If misdirected along the way, you will find the list of participants below and a link to their blog. Happy Hopping!
1. Kris (Kween Bee Kreations)
2. Carla (Carla's Scraps)
3. Linda (Stampin' Seasons)
4. Mary (Stampin' Pretty)
5. Trish (Soul Stamper)
6. Jill (Stamping Heart)
7. Liz (DIY Paper Creations)
8. Kim (Stamp, Scrap, Get Kreative)
9. Kalshelia (Stampin' Fabulousity)
10. Regina (The Stampin' Bean)
11. Margaret (Margaret Moody)
12. Debbie (Stampin' Sunshine)
13. Ann (The Stampin' Schach)
14. Gina (Cards by Gina)
15. Lourdes (Cozy Crafty Corner)