Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lets start again, shall we?


HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I don't know how many of you are still out there, but after our crazy move right before Thanksgiving and diving right into organizing my new home, hosting Christmas, all the hustle and bustle and then battling some nasty ickies, I'm BAAACK!!!! I was all ready to jump back into the swing of things with the new year and would you believe the dreaded stomache bug invaded each of my girls twice and the littlest on new years day. Finally thinking we are in the clear, it hit Sami again a few days later. So after sleepless nights, endless amounts of laundry and cleaning (and feeling like I will forever smell like Lysol and bleach), I am ready to kreate! I SO need it!!! :)

* I started with a sketch,CCMC132, from Connie and Mary and since I had this sweet little girl from Greeting Card Kids already stamped out on a Whisper White square waiting to be used, it became the perfect starting point
* I colored her in using my Blender Pen with Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, and Real Red inks and Blush Blossom Marker
* Using a Sponge Dauber and Pretty in Pink ink, I kreated a soft heart silhoutte around her (if you can see that)
* Bedazzled her dress with a little Dazzling Diamonds at the hem and a few Basic Pearl buttons - isn't she sweet - I just love these Greeting Card Kids images!!
* Layered her onto a Cherry Cobbler square and gave it a decorative frame using the Scallop Edge Punch. Even though as you can see, it can be done, I think I'd be much happier to have the Scallop Square Duo (120903) for the Big Shot in my bag 'o tricks!
* Add a little interest using your White Signo Gel pen to each scallop. Cute!
* Popped it up on dimesionals and layered it onto some Jolly Holiday DSP - see it's not just for Christmas!!
* Kreated an easy scrunchie ribbon treatment (see my technique HERE) with Pretty in Pink Satin ribbon and a double bow. (center brad is retired, but any brad can substitute!)
* Placed that onto a standard Very Vanilla cardbase and yippee it felt good to kreate!

Hopefully some of you are still poppin in for a little dose of me. If you are still out there, I love to read your comments :) Hope you get to ink it up soon! Happy Kreating!

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders.

Happy Kreating

14 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I for one am tickled pink you are back! And this little Valentine is so pretty in pink! Love that scrunchy ribbon! Hope life settles down and your wee ones are in the pink again - I just can't help myself some days :)

Pam~ said...

At least you got the stomach bug out of the way earlier in the year! I am glad everyone is feeling better! Adorable card with awesome embellishments ... love it!

lisa808 said...

Welcome back! Hope everyone stays well now.

Lorraine said...

Hey there! You sure are returning with a bang - this is adorable. Good to see you again.

Ann Schach said...

Welcome back, Kim! Such an adorable card with fabulous details! Love it!

Debbie Henderson said...

Love the heart silhouette, how creative! Thanks for playing at Create with Connie & Mary!

Pat Smith said...

Good to see you back -- and glad the sickies and hard work of moving are all done! Such a CUTE card to return with!!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the gathered ribbon and how you used Christmas paper for Valentine's. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge!

Deb said...

This is such a sweet card! I just love this image! So cute! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Patti MacLeith said...

Welcome back. This is a cute little way to start the New Year!!

Carla said...

Oh Kim, she's gorgeous!!! Reminds me of a couple of those pics you posted of yours girls. I love all those classy details and beautiful coloring. Hugs,

Martha said...

Welcome back Kim! Beautiful card and you pulled in the Christmas paper to boot!

Carrie Gaskin said...

All of your wonderful little details make this a great card! Thanks for playing along at Create with Connie and Mary this week.

Mary Brown said...

I love how your used the 'Christmas' dsp for a Valentine card. Delightful! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!