Friday, May 23, 2008

Don't Wait

Did you every really like something, but kept procrastinating about getting it... then you see others with it and it makes you want it even more... I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Usually its a great pair of shoes, but this time it's the Tart N' Tangy set from the Occasions Mini. I've been staring at it since its debut in March and soon it will arrive at my door. Thank goodness you have 1 more month to buy it. I've seen so many adorable projects using only these 4 stamps. Good things come in small packages. I only wish I had gotten it sooner. It's just so 'summer-y', 'picnic-y', 'margarita-y'... I could go on, but I'll spare ya. Thank you to my very good friend and mentor Tanya for letting me borrow it while I anxiously await that big brown truck with all my new 'toys' :)

Any who... very simple card to make. I used my Real Red and Old Olive markers to color my images, huffed and stamped. Then used my 1-3/8" circle punch to get my Real Red circles layered under my apple and strawberry which were punched with the 1-1/4" circle punch. The cherry on top (or in this case the middle) was showcased with a Real Red scalloped circle. TIP: Punch out your middle circle first and then place your scalloped punch over your open circle and you get a great 'framed' scallop. All glorious fruits were layered on top of Old Olive diamonds. Final touches were the Red Gingham ribbon and the 'you make me happy' rub-on. Sorry, that particular rub-on is from Sale-a-bration, but any of the current rub-ons and sayings would work just perfectly!! Wasn't thinking when it was adhered - just that it WAS the perfect saying, 'cause it it did make me happy! Hope it made you smile too! There are a lot of great sets in the Occasions Mini catalog. So don't procrastinate, after June 30th the Occasions Mini will retire and you won't see these sets again! Don't drop the ball like I did, if you like this set, don't forget to order the coordinating Designer Series Paper, Summer Picnic... guess you know what I'll be ordering soon :)

For now, go kreate
Kim

No comments: