Saturday, May 10, 2008

My First Swaps

Today's post will be a quick one as it's been a long day, but oh so fun!!! Today I went to my first convention. Wait to you see the great projects we did. I'll post them soon. But for now, I thought I'd share with you the 2 cards that I made for my swaps.

So, this card is made using the Priceless set - seems to be a staple of mine lately.
Bashful Blue paper was inked in flourishes and tiny flowers with Whisper White. Layered a Whisper White square, in which the edges were sponged with Brocade Blue, on an angle/diamond with a So Saffron square matted underneath. I inked out the butterflies on the Whisper White with Brocade Blue to create a shadow effect. Then inked out additional butterflies in Brocade Blue, cut them out (phew, wasn't thinking of this step when planning to do 40 cards) and popped them up on dimensionals above their 'shadows'. Then took my oval punch and punched out my 'So Kind' sentiment.

The next card uses the Heartfelt Thanks set - another set I really like. It's great if you like the 2 step stampin technique.
The Pretty in Pink background paper is stamped with the solid flower also in Pretty in Pink ink. Layered on top is Whisper White stamped with the 2 step stampin technique using Basic Brown ink as the outline and Pretty in Pink ink as the flower. And that is layered on top of Chocolate Chip. The 'heartfelt' sentiment was inked in Basic Brown and also layered on top of Chocolate Chip and popped on dimensionals. The final step was to 2 step my flower again (Pretty in Pink and Basic Brown ink), snip it out and again pop it off the card.
So there you have it, my first card swaps. And by the way, I will post the cards I received as well. So you must come back :) Lots to look forward to... 4 projects and many cards from convention! Bet you can't wait.

For now, go kreate

Kim

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Kim your swaps were great. I know how much time it takes to cut out one of those butterflies and you put three on one card. Wow!