Friday, May 9, 2008

It's Party Time

Well, as promised, if you stayed tune you'd see some fun projects that the kiddies will do at my niece's party. No need to go out and buy all those crazy favors, they get to create their own stuff and it will all be packaged in a cute gable box to go home. Now, onto the projects...

First is a simple Mother's Day card, since we all must remember our great mom's on Sunday.
I used Tempting Turquois Paper, inked up my flowers from Background Basic set (pg 110) in VersaMark and stamped them along the top portion of my card. Then I used White Taffeta ribbon to tie a stay put bow. Bows are always tricky, so this tutorial will come in handy for you. Then I used a non-SU stamp inked again in VersaMark to place my sentiment below the ribbon. FYI: There are great sentiments in the All Holidays set (p146)- which I hope to purchase in my next order :) Finished it off with some pink, hot pink, purple and teal non-SU paper flowers. Under 15 minutes to do and cute too. Right?


The next adorable craft for the kiddies are these monogram notecards. You can click on the picture to view them larger. I made these samples up for the birthday girl Kyleigh.
Pretty basic... Inked up an image and randomly stamped it for the background. Then inked out my 'K's with On the Edge which is now a retired set, but another great alternative is the Short Order Alphabet (pg 154). The 'K's were punched out with my 1-1/4" Circle Punch and then adhered to a colored cardstock circle punched out with the larger 1-3/8" Punch or the Scallop Punch. I then used dimensionals to pop it up over the ribbons (non-SU). And there you have it, simple and oh so adorable!! If you'd like to know any of the stamp sets I used, feel free to contact me and I will gladly let you know.


Now are you ready for more fun? This one is my favorite!!

This is called a nugget tin and I got the idea from Stampin Prettys' Mary. Click here to see her tin and check out her tutorial. I inked my avery labels with a stamp from the Priceless set (pg 108). I colored the flower with Rose Red marker and the outer rings and dots with Apricot Appeal marker. I huffed and stamped. Wrapped those cuties around Hershey's nuggets and Voila'. Placed them in my tin, wrapped it up with organza ribbon and grosgrain ribbon. With Apricot Appeal ink I stamped and circle punched Smile (from Be Happy set-pg 48) and then used my scallop punch on Rose Red and made my centerpiece a flower. Great little gift!!


And finally, the cute gable box to take home their loot.

Not sure where my sister in law picked up the boxes, but most craft stores sell them. I wheeled the jumbo Kindess wheel (pg 49) in black and then the kiddies can randomly color in some flowers as I did. The final touch, I used the large tag punch and inked a For You tag in Certainly Celery. So, now I'm ready to go party with all the kids!! Hope you enjoyed the fun too!



Now you can go kreate.
Kim

No comments: