Tuesday, May 20, 2008

So Girly

Doesn't time just fly!!!!! My oldest daughter is turning 4 the beginning of June. Not only can't I believe how quickly she has grown from my itty bitty baby girl to my little girl, but oh my, I didn't make up her invitations! Always good intentions to have them done the first week in May, but, as I said, time flies! And I know you've all been there. We had an extra long weekend visiting with family, so no laundry or cleaning to do, kids were entertained and I had time to do her invitation. She decided on a butterfly theme and I of course loved it.

I took the flowers from the Simply Said set, inked them with my markers, huffed and stamped. I did the same with my butterfly from Time Well Spent hostess set. Host a party and you could be eligible for this set too :) I then punched out my butterfly and Certainly Celery paper with the Scallop Punch. I offset each with dimensionals. I then took my Corner Rounder punch and scalloped the edges of a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock and adhered it to the edge of my card. The final touch was a Certainly Celery stay put bow. Pretty simple design. The coloring and huffing technique takes alittle bit of time, but I think worthy of the effort. Every card that I make is always beautiful in her eyes and this one received her big smile of approval. Hope it receives yours as well.
As always, if you'd like any information on how-to's or about hosting a party or placing an order, feel free to contact me. Click on the link to the right under contact me. Hope to hear from you soon.

For now, go kreate
Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable invite! Makes me want to bring my 3 little girls to your party!! I can't wait to try to make our own invites for upcoming summer birthday! Thank you for your inspiration!

Kim S.