Sunday, June 29, 2008

Money Shot

You know when you've captured a moment with THE perfect photo... well, I know I'm biased, but aren't these the most precious pictures. This is my just turned 4 year old little girl. Unfortunately I had the hardest time taking a good photo of this page to post, it looks so much better in person. But anyway, I took my Markers,which I love love love and colored the flower and a portion of the stem of my black and white photos. Such a GREAT effect. I had done the same thing on a 6x6 page of my other daughter, which you can see here. These pictures of both my girls were taken the same day, my little one had to follow the lead of her big sister :) Eventually I will make this a 2 page spread. Back to the page...I started with a 12x12 sheet of So Saffron and then matted my photos on So Saffron and Mellow Moss. I used Le Jardin DSP across the bottom and used Mellow Moss Grosgrain Ribbon to hide my 'seam'. I inked the word Priceless, from the Priceless set, in Garden Green and sprinkled it with Clear Embossing Powder and heated it up to make it pop alittle more. Didn't want anything to overpower my photos. TIP: Craft ink or VersaMark is what you will need to emboss, not Classic ink. I then created those daisy like flowers with my Scallop punch and Oval punch for the leaves (one of the many great things I learned at my Spring Fling convention). Placed a cute little So Saffron button in the middle and this too is 'priceless'! I will add my journaling to the bottom left - I just haven't decided how yet :) Any suggestions? Love the way it came out. Hope you like it too!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your scrapbook page and I thought you photoshopped your photos! That's amazing that you used a marker to add the color. Love it.

And what adorable little ones you have.

Unknown said...

Hey old roomie! I had no idea you were doing this until I recently got an email from you. I love checking in and seeing what's new with you, and you are also motivating me to get more involved in scrapbooking. I'm very much a beginner but would love to do more if I had the time! I added a link to your page on my blog--hope you don't mind!
Miss you!

Tanya said...

This turned out very nice. :)