Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Black Tie Affair

Once again another Splitcoast sketch challenge for me. If you are in need of direction or just want to try something different, check out Splitcoast for inspiration. Each panel of Whisper White, layered on Basic Black, is stamped with my flourish from the Priceless set using VersaMark and sprinkled with Hologram Highlights Embossing Powder (retired, but the substitute is the current Iridescent Ice EP) and set with my heating tool. TIP: I prefer this Embossing Powder to Dazzling Diamonds most times, b/c it gets heat set and therefore you won't be all sparkly from your card - unless of course you want that DIVA look :) My panels were then layered on Going Gray and again on Basic Black. My sentiment from Sincere Salutations was again inked in VersaMark and sprinkled with Black EP and heat embossed. Gives it a great finished look. FYI: The only inks that are embossable are the VersaMark or our Craft Inks. For a tutorial on how to make a Classic Ink embossable, click here. My sentiment was then layered on Basic Black. 'Together', from the Define Your Life set, was set with VersaMark and Black EP. My bride and groom, from Voila' to Go, were inked with Basic Black. A slight touch of Pretty in Pink was added to her bouquet with my Marker and with a close up click you MAY be able to see the extra shimmer to her veil. I used my Versa Marker and Hologram Highlights to add this subtle hint of elegance to my bride. I used the 1 3/8" Circle Punch to pop them out and mounted them on top of a Basic Black Scallop Punch. TIP: Place a small slit using a Hobby Blade into the crease of your card to feed your ribbon through and around the front of your card. Added the Black Gingham Ribbon and popped up the happy couple on dimensionals. Ready for a black tie affair?
Let me know how I did in my challenge! And here's the sketch if you'd like to give it a try.
Don't forget only a few more days to order your retiring stamps and accessories. Make sure to check out the link to the right and then email me your orders by Aug 10th.

For now, go kreate
Kim

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Very elegant! Great job with the sketch.