Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hey Mets Fans...


Well, if you are a NY Mets fan, you'll love this color combo. :) I was playing around with the New In Colors and I have yet to touch Tangerine Tango. So it was time. I laid Pacific Point and Whisper White next to it and I thought it looked like an OK combo. But after finishing, its NOT my favorite combo- sorry Mets fans (could be cause I'm Not a huge orange fan). But I thought I'd share with you anyway. I used my Coluzzle to pop up my half circle at the top of my card. Tangerine Tango was Scallop Punched and placed in the middle of my circle and my Pacific Point butterfly, from the Priceless set, was set on dimensionals. I inked 2 more butterflies in Pacific Point and gave them a 'flight path' with a Whisper White flourish, again from Priceless, shadowed by a Pacific Point flourish. I used the same 'shadowing' technique with my sentiment. The bottom piece of Tangerine Tango is embossed the ol fashion way with light box and Priceless Stencil (flower). Unfortunately this picture doesn't show the embossed images well, but it is pretty. (if you click on the image to enlarge, you may see the detail a bit better) The edges are decorated using the new Scallop Edge Punch and a White Signo Gel pen finished off the top with alittle faux stitching and some highlighting. What do ya think? Definitely not my normal card, but its good to go out of comfort zone every once in awhile, right????

For now, go kreate,

Kim

4 comments:

JUST JUDY said...

That card is too adorable. I really like it and I must borrow that set again from my upline.

BTW --I have a little something on MY BLOG JUST FOR YOU TODAY. Check it out.

Judy :)

Anonymous said...

I love the flourish for the flight path. Definitely a wowie color combo! Hugs . . . . M

Tiffany said...

Very cute! The butterflies are so pretty.

Lorraine said...

Not a Mets fan but I love the color combo and the design is great.