Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Harvest


I'm not happy about it, but Fall is upon us! I do enjoy fall, but it just means summer is over and I'm very much a summer girl!! Anyway, I chose to do this weeks sketch challenge from Splitcoast Stampers (SC190) and I challenged myself to try using Tangerine Tango again. Orange just screams fall to me. Last post I tried real hard not to be pulled in that direction, but instead I got a reminder of a NY baseball team. Ah well, I used my Coluzzle to cut my Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip circles. I placed some Tangerine Tango Punched Large Ovals to kreate my pumpkin and a Kiwi Kiss stem and leaf outlined with an Always Artichoke Marker. I inked out my leaves, from a retired (sorry) set Give Thanks, in Chocolate Chip and stamped them onto More Mustard, Riding Hood Red and Really Rust and then used my Paper Snips (scissors) to delicately cut them out and layer them below my pumpkin. I randomly stamped those same leaves on the Tangerine Tango, 4 1/4" square card base, again in Chocolate Chip. The diagonal banner was made with 2 pieces of 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon with the Tangerine Tango base 'peeking' between the ribbons. My circles and images were popped up on dimensionals over my card base. The sentiment from Loads of Love set was inked in Chocolate Chip and stamped onto a Tag punched Tangerine Tango layered on a Chocolate Chip tag, then tied with Linen Thread around my pumpkin stem. I feel a bit better with my use of Tangerine Tango this time and have slightly redeemed myself from my previous post (EEEK). Let me know what ya think! Thanks for the visit

For now, go kreate
Kim

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cute pumpkin and I am a big fan of fall so I just love cards for fall and Halloween. Keep them coming Kim!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love the little leaves.