Monday, September 22, 2008

Seasonal Cardinal


Stay tune for two more images from this adorable set, Flower for All Season, but I had some scraps and another cardinal and poinsettia that I had already colored in with SU Blender Pens and ink. I figured why not throw together a quick card with some stuff already out on my table. The 4x4 card base is Ruby Red with a diagonal strip of Old Olive. Like I said I already had my image completed - stamped in Basic Black and colored in with Blender Pens on Whisper White. Kreated score lines around the image and popped it up on dimensionals. I used the stamp from Punches Three (current hostess set lev 1) and inked it in Ruby Red Craft Ink (wiped off the excess ink with a baby wipe so just 'Merry Christmas' was inked. Then sprinkled Clear Embossing Powder over it and heated it up to really make my sentiment 'shine'. Punched out the sentiment with my large Oval Punch and then placed an oval piece from the Silver Hodgepodge Hardware (had to use my paper snips to trim a bit of the Whisper White oval) Gave it a bit more 'shine' with two Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads to hold my hardware in place. Really was a quick card, but I guess I had a big advantage with some already 'prepared' items :) But really, the only task on this card that will take a wee bit of time is coloring your image, other than that it was a cinch! So, don't forget about those scraps, because if you are in a pinch, you could make that quick and cute card just like I did :)
I have a fun class set up for tonight - Sweet Treats, see some of you ladies later :) I'll be sure to show you our fun projects at the end of the week, so make sure you check back.
For now, go kreate
Kim

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Beautiful card Kim! I love the rhinestones on the hardware. It really makes the sentiment pop.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your sweet treats class!

Looking forward to seeing what you created.