Friday, September 19, 2008

Another Season

If you view my previous post, you'll see another seasonal image from A Flower for All Seasons set. This set of four is just so cute! Todays card, the cardinal and poinsettias were stamped in Basic Black ink and then I used my Blender Pens to color the image in on Whisper White. I had to play around a bit with the Blender Pens, but it is an easy alternative to watercoloring. With a closed ink pad, squeeze the pad together and when you open the pad, there will be a little pool of ink in the cover. Just slightly dab your Blender Pen in the ink pool and you can begin to color. When finished with one color, just scribble on scrap until no color comes off your Blender Pen and you are ready for the next color. Pretty easy. I used a circle stencil to cut out my image (the 1 3/8" circle punch would have cut off some of my image), and then placed it on a Ruby Red Scallop Punch. The base of this card is Certainly Celery and a piece of Holiday Treasures Designer Paper was given a decorative edge with the Scallop Edge Punch. Choc Chip grosgrain ribbon finishes off the look and then placed the Ruby Red scallop with image on dimensionals. The sentiment, from Snow Swirled, was inked in Ruby Red and then heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. Pretty simple card except for coloring in my image. Hope you like it. Leave me a comment and let me know - love to hear what you think!

For now, go kreate
Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim: This may be one of my all time favorites. The cardinal, colors and paper background are fantastic! Mary

Anonymous said...

I love this card. You may have just convinced me that I NEED the Holiday Treasures DSP!

Thank you. :)

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous card! I love that patterned paper too!