Sunday, March 14, 2010

Carnations


Playing with more paper flowers....did you see the roses in my previous post? Hmmm, are these carnations? They are so pretty whatever they are! And SUPER simple. I've seen so many renditions of flowers out there lately and they are all so great, but I apologize, I do not know whom to give proper credit. If you know, drop me a comment so I can credit them.

Take your Extra Large Fancy Flower and punch through about 10 layers of tissue. Using your piercing tool, pierce through the middle of your layers and fasten a brad. Take the tissue flower and crumple it up in your hand. Carefully and slowly, uncrumple and separate your layers. TIP: Use your pointy piercer tool to separate. Then I just took a dauber and ink of choice to accent the edges of the 'petals'. Easy right!!

*I daubed mine with Apricot Appeal and Cameo Coral and set them on a Standard Whisper White cardbase with some glue dots
*Matted with a Whisper White Top Note that was run throught the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and placed on dimensionals on the card base.
*Old Olive branches were popped out using the Extra Large 2-step Bird Punch
*A Pretty in Pink Satin ribbon for a pop of color
*Sentiment from Sincere Salutations inked in Pretty in Pink popped out with the Wide Oval Punch and placed on dimensionals.

Give 'em a try - they are so soft and pretty! Let me know your thoughts, love it when ya do ;) Happy Stamping...

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders. Don't forget your Sale-a-bration FREEBIES with orders of $50+ (before shipping and tax)

7 comments:

Cards by Gina said...

This card is sensational! Love, love, love it!

Lorraine said...

I hadn't seen these tissue paper flowers yet. They look so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Kitty A. said...

This is the first time I have seen flowers from tissue paper, and they are very pretty! Thanks for the deets.

Linda Callahan said...

Pretty? Right!~and then some.....

Kris Kilcoyne said...

This beautiful card arrived to me today ... thank you so much for thinking of me & my family.

Love it even more in person!

Carla said...

Gorgeous flowers!!! I love them and I haven't seen that technique either. I'm gonna have to try it... *smile* Hugs,

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Gorgeous card, love the flowers, will have to give this a try! TFS, HUgs always! G