Thursday, March 4, 2010

MOJO feelin' Spring-y


Its time to Play at the PPA and SPRING is in the air!! With the Northeast still blanketed over a foot (or for some 2-3) of melting snow, I am SO ready for spring!! I decided to combine this SPRING challenge with the recent Mojo Monday sketch. My focal point, the little bird and tulips, is from a great set called A Flower for All Seasons AND it could be yours FREE during Sale-a-bration with a $50+ order!!! Don't delay, Sale-a-bration ends March 31st :( , so hurry hurry hurry, stock up on your favorites and earn some FREE products!!

* Inked up this adorable image, from A Flower for All Seasons, in Jet Black Stazon onto Watercolor Paper

* Using my Blender Pens and various inks (Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Old Olive, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa) as my palette, I colored it in. TIP: Squeeze your SU ink pad together and upon opening it, you will have a little pooling of ink to dip your pen or aquapainter into.

* Punched it out with my 1-3/8" Circle Punch

* Kreated a matte of Regal Rose and another of Pretty in Pink to put behind it using my Circle Scissor Plus to make perfect layers. Popped up the image on the layers with dimensionals.

* Certainly Celery is my cardbase with this soft plaid layer from Pawsitively Prints DSP (118060) - this was from the previous Holiday Mini, but IS still available to order!!

* My horizontal strip of Certainly Celery was given a decorative edge with the NEW Scallop Trim Border (available in the Sale-a-bration brochure with a $50+ order)

* Used the new Pretty in Pink Satin ribbon to run through the middle of the strip

* Sentiment taken from A Kind Word was inked with Regal Rose Marker in order to isolate words to stamp onto separate Pretty in Pink panels.

* Non SU adhesive backed pearls were placed on the corners of my sentiment as well as adding a little detail to the end of my Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink Ribbon strip.

Are ya feelin' SPRING??? I know I'm ready :)

Any questions on any of my kreations or techniques, please feel free to contact me anytime. Would you leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts, love it when ya do ;) Happy Stamping...

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders. Don't forget your Sale-a-bration FREEBIES with orders of $50+ (before shipping and tax)

9 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Kim! You just can't beat pastel plaid! So springy! Great job with the Mojo layout, too!

Linda Callahan said...

Wonderful spring card - great job with that tricky layout! Very soft and pretty!

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Love it! ~Olena~

Noor Nahdi said...

Cool colors!!!

Noor

Mary Fish said...

Soft, pretty and sooo your style. Love the plaid against the colored image! Hugs, M

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Great coloring and pretty use of the satin ribbon.

Cards by Gina said...

Soooo springy and soooo lovely!

Carla said...

I agree with everyone, a very pretty card. Love your coloring, it really pops off the card. Awesome. Hugs,

Patti MacLeith said...

New "I want" --A Flower For All Seasons! Fabulous, Kim!