Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sale-a-bration Ends Today


Hello my friends, I'm back! Vacation was very nice, but do you ever come home feeling like you need another vacation? LOL Bags are unpacked, laundry is up to date, and there is food in the fridge, so I can get back to stampin' :)
I can not believe that Sale-a-bration ends today (11:50 MT). Don't delay, stock up and get your FREEBIES while you still can!!
This card is my first easel card, tutorial here from SCS, and I used the Sale-a-bration set Good Neighbors to have some fun with it before its gone :(
* My easel base is Choc Chip Textured cardstock. A strip of 4-1/4 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4 and 6-3/8 and another 4-1/4 x 4-1/4 (eventually I trimmed off the bottom about 1/2 to reveal my sentiment when the card is 'closed', but still able to be an easel card)
* Fold on your score lines, in half and the second score line in the opposite direction
* Using sticky strip I adhered my 4-1/4 square piece to the 2-1/8 x 4-1/4 section of the card - this will kreate your easel! Cool right?
* Cut out a piece of polka dot dsp (not sure which DSP it was from- gasp!) and fringed the top with my snips for some grass and adhered onto Whisper White
* Kreated my scene with the Good Neighbors set, inking up my trees (and bush) with SU Markers - Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery and Melon Mambo flowers on my bush :). Crushed Curry and Close to Cocoa inked my house which I snipped out and placed on dimensionals. Can you see the little rhinestone doorknob? (from the Egg-cellent Eggs Kit). Bashful Blue puffy clouds were also snipped and adhered with glue dots.
* I had to add a tiny Crushed Curry butterfly from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit :)
* To get your easel to stand by itself, you need to place an 'extra' layer or embellishment to hold up your card. I used the Scallop Border Trim (available as a FREEBIE in SAB) on a piece of Crushed Curry that was run through the Big Shot with Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and then layered with the gorgeous Choc Chip Satin Ribbon in the Occasions Mini and 'holding' the card with a bow. Cute :)
* The bottom (inside) of the card was inked with a Well Scripted sentiment in Choc Chip craft ink and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.

Hope you've made the most of Sale-a-bration this year, but if you haven't there are still a few more hours left! Don't wish you had, go for it while there is still time!

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders. Don't forget your Sale-a-bration FREEBIES with orders of $50+ (before shipping and tax).

7 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Too cute! I have never made an easel card, either. You have inspired me to try one!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

What a great card!

I love the little scene you've created here. That satin ribbon is gorgeous.

Linda Callahan said...

Glad you brought all of your mojo back with you! One of these days I will try an easel card - love yours! The scene is so cute and the ribbon so classy!

Patti MacLeith said...

What a KUTE card, Kim! I love the white and the floating clouds!

Mary Marsh said...

I love easel cards and yours is so cute-great idea for the good neighbor set

Carla said...

Kim this is wonderful. I love the scene you created and those colors. That bow just makes it pop... awesome. Hugs,

Mary Fish said...

Sweet snipped clouds . . . very smart how you used the ribbon as your "kickstand." Hugs, M