Friday, March 12, 2010

A Rose is a Rose


Ah, spring is in the air and I just can't wait to get into my garden. So for now I was more than happy to play with all these paper flowers I've been seeing out there.
Look at these roses, made with the new Extra Large Flower Punch (Occasions Mini) aren't they so pretty? And they're not all that difficult to make. Here is a link for the how to by Julie Williams.

And here is my card, inspired by Gretchen Barron, where I first saw these gorgeous roses. I know there is a rule of 'odds', but 3 of these flowers just looked like too much and took away from how pretty they are! Forgive me!
* Ran a piece of So Saffron and Bridal Specialty paper through the Big Shot with Top Note Die.
* Like Gretchens sample, I sponged Apricot Appeal and Pretty in Pink ink onto a piece of Bridal Specialty paper, (the glossy white swirls on the paper design resist ink - so you can kreate your own beautiful paper). Snipped around the Top Note to layer onto a So Saffron Top Note matte
* My sentiment from Sincere Salutations was inked in Apricot Appeal onto Whisper White and popped out with the Wide Oval Punch.
* Using the same sponges as before, I went over the Whisper White lightly with Apricot Appeal and Pretty in Pink, to soften it and give it the same look as the background.
* Adhered my Apricot Appeal roses with Old Olive leaves, kreated with the Large Oval Punch
* A piece of White Organza ribbon and bow add the final soft touch.

Now, how do you mail this without those purdy roses gettin' smooshed??? LOL

I've had a busy week and some more preparations for an upcoming workshop, but I'll be back shortly with some more fun flowers. Take a looky

Aren't they fun?! Carnations maybe? I'll be back the beginning of the week to explain how and show you my card. Until then Happy Kreating!!

Any questions on any of my kreations or techniques, please feel free to contact me anytime. Would you leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts, love it when ya do ;)

Don't forget, Sale-a-bration ends March 31st, so stock up on and get some FREEBIES while you're at it!! It also marks the end to the great Starter Kit offer at 15% off and a FREE stamp (value up to $47.95) if you'd like to Join My Team, we'd love to have you! Whether it be as a hobby or career demonstrator, I am here to help you along every step of your journey. Contact me if you have any questions and lets get you started on a journey you will LOVE!!!

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders. Don't forget your Sale-a-bration FREEBIES with orders of $50+ (before shipping and tax)




Supplies:
Stamps: Sincere Salutations
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal, So Saffron, Whisper White, Bride Specialty
Accessories: Tombow Multi-purpose Adhesive, Extra Large Flower Punch, White Organza Ribbon, Large Oval Punch, Glue Dots, Big Shot, Top Note, Sponges

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Thanks for the link on how to make these! They are so beautiful!

gcase1 said...

These are beautiful. Thanks for sharing and the link for how to make them. Great for a Mother's day card.

Tiffany said...

Very, very pretty Kim! They almost look like the real thing.

Have a great weekend!

Debbie Modrowsky said...

GORGEOUS Kim. You going to Short Hills with us in May?

Linda Callahan said...

I saw Gretchen's and loved them - and now I love yours as well! You picked a gorgeous color. Definitely needs to be hand delivered!

Carla said...

I too love these!!! I can't wait to make them. Gorgeous. Hugs,