It's National Scrapbooking Month and I'll be darn if I'll let it pass me by without a page!!! This is a picture of my mothers mom, my grandma Agnes. She left this world way to soon when hit by a drunk driver when my mom was only 14. She has always said I had her moms smile and she sees her in me. When she gave me this photo a few weeks ago, I immediately envisioned a scrapbook page with the new Elements of Style.
* I matted the photo with Pink Pirouette, soon to be a part of our core colors with the release of the Color Renovation in new Idea Book and Catalog debuting July 1
* I layered this over an Eyelet Border punched Whisper White rectangle
* To enhance the vintage feel I used a Sponge Dauber and Soft Suede ink to distress the edges of both layers
* The beautiful floral image from Elements of Style, was inked in Soft Suede and stamped onto a 12x12 Sahara Sand. Again, edges distressed with Soft Suede ink
* The Sahara Sand page was given a Smooch with Vanilla Shimmer Spritz before I added my photo panel
* Added a pop of color to the center of my large bow, with the gorgeous Wide Striped Choc Chip Ribbon, with a pretty in pink houndstooth brad (sorry retired!)
* Dangled a non SU heart tag from my bow. (My Mini Vintage Tags in the Summer Mini ARE on order ;) !!!)
* The remainder of the ribbon was ruffled up for a soft, feminine, vintage feel. TIP: Separate/fray ribbon edge, then pull about 2 fibers from the ribbon and continue to pull and scrunch until you get the length and 'tightness' you are looking for
* Lovely Letters was the pefect set for this layout. Stamped in Soft Suede and popped out with the 1-3/8 Square Punch. Daubers assist me in distressing yet again. FYI: You may wonder why I always use daubers vs sponges? I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but I DO mind when those dirty fingers ruin a project!!!! For distressing, Sponge Daubers allow me to keep my finger tips ink free and my projects safe from ruin!
I'm scrap happy :) It felt really good to do a page, and hopefully I'll have the time to do some more! I already asked mom for my Pop-Pops old navy photo. I see a spread, oh unless I do one of my mom, or another spread of my mom and dad - ooooo the wheels are turning!!! So how did I do????? Let me know what you think, it has been a long time since I've completed a scrapbook page!!
Any questions about any of my kreations, I am only a click away :) Thanks for taking a moment to stop by to get a little dose of me :)
* National Scrapbooking Month (click to view flyer) - FREE brads with your purchase of My Digital Studio or select stamp sets
Take advantage of my FREE SHIPPING gift to you now through May 15th!!
You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders.
If you don't have a demonstrator and would like a copy of thE NEW 31 page Summer Mini, drop me an email with your address and I'd be happy to pop one in the mail for you!!