Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sentimental Journey - Fathers Day

I will continue to show you all the fun projects from Dream Night, but I will spread it out between some of my own kreations :) I wanted to make sure I have my Fathers Day Cards in order, it always creeps up on me and I wanted to make sure I wasn't being my normal last minute Nelli (when under pressure is when all the creative juices start gushin'! But with some busy weeks coming up, I am TRYING to get ahead)

This card uses the car image from one of Shelli's Signature collection sets (aka a favorite of hers), Sentimental Journey, in the current Summer Mini Catalog.
* Card begins with a Not Quite Navy standard size base
* A piece of Bella Bleu DSP decorates the bottom half. Both sides of SU DSP is always so beautiful, so why not make it seen? Turn up the corner to get a peek. Used my finger nail and a Sponge Dauber w/Choc Chip ink to distress it a bit and keep with the vintage feel
* Decided to play with my stapler and adhered a piece of Choc Chip Grosgrain ribbon to hide the 'seam'.
* A panel of Very Vanilla cardstock was run through the Big Shot with the new Square Lattice Embossing folder. Using the Choc Chip ink on my dauber, I lightly swiped across the impressions and inked up the edges. I'm really liking this folder! Check out my Fathers Day Vest card HERE, using the lattice embossing folder. So cool!!
* The car image was inked in Not Quite Navy and stamped onto Very Vanilla and inked and stamped again onto a piece of scrap. Snipped it out and placed it on dimensionals. Distressed the edges with Soft Suede ink and my finger nail again (I may need to get a manicure after this card is done LOL). Matted it with a piece of Choc Chip textured cardstock w/ more distressing. Placed on dimensionals on my Very Vanilla Lattice textured panel.
* A snippet of Choc Chip Ribbon stapled to the panel and a Choc Chip Cordorouy button opposing each corner draw your eye to the focal image
* If ever there were a set I couldn't do without... Teeny Tiny Wishes, it has just about every occasion you need!! Happy Fathers Day inked in Not Quite Navy, popped out with my Word Window Punch and distressed with Choc Chip ink. FYI: ALL the phrases in Teeny Tiny Wishes can be popped out with the Word Window Punch - awesome!

Well, what do you think? Too busy??!! It grew on me from last night! I think I'm really likin' it now :) I'm not too worried as the men in my life don't usually critic my cards LOL. But I'd love to know what YOU think! Please leave me a comment - I love to read your thoughts!!

Any questions about any of my kreations, I am only a click away :) Thanks for taking a moment to stop by to get a little dose of me :)

Happy Kreating

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders.



Supplies:
Stamps: Sentimental Journey (Summer Mini), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Choc Chip Textured, Bella Bleu
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Soft Suede, Choc Chip
Accessories: Big Shot, Lattice Embossing Folder (Summer Mini), Sponge Daubers, 5/8" Choc Chip Grosgrain, Choc Chip Cordorouy Button, Word Window Punch, dimensionals, household stapler

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

This is cute! Now you're going to enable me to get yet another set!!! Love the color combo.

Patti MacLeith said...

I like how you played with your stapler and how you distressed your edges. Perfect guy card! He won't have to worry about keeping it perfectly nice!!

Ann Schach said...

This is awesome! Love the distressing!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

This is great!

I was thinking the same thing, now I may need this set too!

Linda Callahan said...

You put the chic in shabby chic - love this! If I tried it ......well someone has to put the shabby in shabby chich ;)

Carla said...

Too busy... absolutely not!!! I love everyone of those details. I am always last minute on Fathers Day too... why are we like that? I think of it while doing Mothers Day cards... and then not again until it just nearly too late do make anything. You've gotten me to think I should just make it when I make Moms. *smile* I love your card!!! Hugs

Pam~ said...

Great masculine card...love it!