Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Elements of Style

Still trying to get back on my feet after being sick for now 2 weeks. UGH!! And I am now just praying that I am not relapsing! Go figure, pretty healthy all winter, spring arrives and whammo - ok, you're not here for a 'sob' story, but I thought I'd at least explain why I've been MIA! On with the card...
This card started with the Sweet Sunday Sketch #65 and this weeks current color challenge (CC267)of Basic Gray, Apricot Appeal, and Sage Shadow - all these colors we will be bidding a Fond Farewell, so stock up while you can!! But we will be welcoming new colors in the Color Renovation and very soon, May 1st, we will be welcoming the set Elements of Style(120045-clear mount)from the Summer Mini Catalog, that I used on this card! This one was a bit labor intensive - Snip, snip, snip, crazy me, but it really gave it that extra wowsa effect!
* The floral image was inked in Basic Gray and colored in direct to image with 'layers' of Apricot Appeal and Sage Shadow Markers
* Remember I said crazy me... I snipped out the entire image - some tight spots required use of my hobby blade, otherwise the sharpness of the Paper Snips enables precision. Love them!!
* Popped up the image on Whisper White, matted with Basic Gray, with dimensionals - TIP: Give a little dimension to your card, the results stand out :)
* Coloring directly to the stamp with a Sage Shadow body and Apricot Appeal beak allows you to get different colors on one image. Huge bonus to have markers for this effect!! I used 2 dimensionals stacked on each other to raise the bird above the flowers.
* Sentiment inked in Sage Shadow and popped out with a 1" Circle Punch and placed in a circular frame from the Hodgepodge Hardware set.
* The coordinating Sage Shadow DSP is from the To The Nines Specialty paper mounted onto Basic Gray
* The standard Sage Shadow cardbase is given a decorative background with stamped off Whisper White baroque flourish image

I think it has some Elements of Style! What do you think? If you liked todays kreation won't you take a moment to leave me a comment! I LOVE to know your thoughts!! Even if you think I was crazy to snip out that flower - hehe :) (But I think I'd do it again!)

Any questions about any of my kreations, I am only a click away :) And thanks for taking a moment to stop by to get a little dose of me :)

Happy Kreating

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders.

10 comments:

artfuldelight said...

VERY beautiful card. Lol you are crazy for snipping alll of that out but it made the card so fabulous. I couldn't imagine the time it took to cut that out. I snipped out one of the images from the Watercolor Trio stamp set yesterday, actually 2 but it took me what seemed like forever. Not sure I'd have the patience to cut something bigger. But I love your card!!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous, Kim! I love the colors!

Linda Callahan said...

Hope you are feeling better - so glad your mojo isn't ill - this is gorgeous! Definitely full of stylish elements! Hmm I am thinking you really weren't sick for so long..........I think it took that long to snip out those flowers :) Beautiful work!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Beautiful!

I love that you snipped around the flowers... what a dramatic impact it makes.

Sharon said...

What a beautiful card! It was worth all your extra effort. I love the colors too.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Kim! So sorry you haven't been feeling well.

Patti MacLeith said...

Glad you are feeling better. GOSH this card is cute!

Carla said...

How beautiful!!! I too love that you cut it out. Your card is so pretty and I love the color combo. I hope your feeling yourself soon. Hugs,

Cards by Gina said...

Oh, my, I so love your card! The colors are gorgeous and you did an amazing job with the stamp set. Sorry to hear you've been so ill. Hope you're really on the mend now.

Martha said...

Ooo another gorgeous card. Beautiful coloring!