Friday, April 30, 2010

Vintage gift

Lately my days are ending before they ever seem to begin - ever feel that way? I don't feel like I'm finishing anything, just starting a lot and not accomplishing much. Does that make sense? Anywho, this will be a quick post, so that maybe I can go finish something :) I'll give ya more details later if interested. About a month ago I did a very interesting workshop in candlelight - yup, a table of go getters, nothing was gonna stop us, not even a storm :)


If you follow my blog, you have already seen the bookmark we made - I just love it!! If you are new, you can CLICK HERE for my prior posting with all the details on this bookmark.













This is the little stationary holder that I made to coordinate with it and gave to my wonderful hostess.

* I used the Vintage Vogue set along with the coordinating Very Vintage jumbo wheel.
* The Very Vanilla 'panel' was wheeled using Close to Cocoa ink
HINT: I don't own all cartridges for my wheels and since this is a small panel, I simply inked up my wheel on a standard ink pad and the ink goes the 'distance' (usually goes the distance of a standard card as well - anything larger you'll want to use an ink cartridge)
* Edges were distressed using a Sponge Dauber and Soft Suede ink. Then I lightly went over the panel randomly with more Soft Suede ink and a touch of Pretty in Pink to increase the 'vintagey' look
* A Taffeta Kraft ribbon, Razzleberry and Pretty in Pink snipped flowers were the finishing touches.

Any questions about any of my kreations, I am only a click away :) And thanks for taking a moment to stop by to get a little dose of me :) I always love to know your thoughts- I truly appreciate them!

Now don't forget, TODAY IS the last day to order from the Occasions Mini. Also ending today:
* 20% Off select 2 step stampin set
* Country Living a la carte kit

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders, I'd be more than happy to help you.

Happy Kreating


Are you excited about the release of the Summer Mini tomorrow???? If you don't have a demonstrator and would like a copy of this 31 page new Summer Mini, drop me an email with your address and I'd be happy to drop one in the mail for you!! In the meantime make sure to check back for the downloadable PDF file

8 comments:

Lori Martin said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous, Kim! I love this vintage look!

Pam~ said...

This is so pretty. Love it!

Linda Callahan said...

Holy power failure Batman - you can even create in the dark?!?!? That's it I am turning off the lights in my craft room tonight - maybe it will work for me!.....

Carla said...

Kim, this is stunning!!! I love every detail. Hugs,

Kris Kilcoyne said...

WOW, this is amazing.

I love the detail of your stationary holder and of course, love the bookmark, too.

So pretty!

Cards by Gina said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! These projects are absolutely stunning! I love these colors and embellishments!

Mary Marsh said...

yes I have been there-days is over and what did I do-and if there is no crafting I really don't like it.
your book mark and stationery holder are really pretty-love the vintage look