Saturday, April 10, 2010

The perfect pick me up :)


I've been under the weather for the last few days, but I woke up feeling a bit better and what better way to feel even a little more better, than to go and stamp :) I wasn't sure where I wanted to begin, so I jumped over to the current MOJO Monday sketch. I decide to flip the sketch and then off I went. If you are needing some inspiration, a great place to start is with a challenge - I really think it helps get those juices flowin!!

* I started with a base of Kraft cardstock (soon to be known as Crumb Cake in the upcoming Color Renovation - I'm so excited!!) and using a Sponge Dauber and Soft Suede ink, distressed the edges
* Using 2 patterns from Bella Blue DSP, I kreated my horizontal and vertical strips and again distressed the edges with Soft Suede ink and my sponge dauber.
* Inked up my hat, from Garden from the Heart, in Choc Chip Craft ink and heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. Colored in the hat with Creamy Caramel marker and accented the flowers/stems with Orchid Opulence and Gable Green. (All these colors are soon to be retired to make way for some fabulous new colors - if these are any of your favorites, make sure to get them before they are gone!!)
* Inked up the ribbon on the hat using Choc Chip marker and stamped onto a scrap piece of the same 'yellow' flourish Bella Bleu DSP used on the horizontal strips. Snipped out the ribbon and paper pieced it to my hat with glue dots.
* Snipped out my hat and placed it on dimensionals above a Very Vanilla Oval popped out using my Big Shot and Ovals Die
* Cinched up a piece of Very Vanilla Satin ribbon to tuck behind my image. TIP: To kreate this look, fringe the top of your ribbon a bit and try to pull out one strand vertically. Once you have a strand, tug away gently until you get the ruffled look you want.
* Inked up my sentiment from Well Scripted in Choc Chip Craft ink and using my heat tool, heat embossed with Clear Embossing powder to make it pop with that shiny raised appearance
* Finished the card off with some half back pearls from the Pretties Kit

Hope it inspires your MOJO :) Happy Stamping

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders.



Supplies:
Stamps: Well Scripted (118601), Garden from the Heart (118568)
Paper: Bella Blue DSP, Kraft cardstock
Ink: Choc Chip Craft, Soft Suede Markers: Choc Chip, Orchid Opulence, Gable Green
Accessories: Big Shot, Ovals Die, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Pretties Kit, Glue Dots, Paper Snips, Clear Mount Blocks, Sponge Dauber

6 comments:

Carla said...

So very pretty Kim. Love that ribbon treatment too. Hugs,

Linda Callahan said...

Glad you are feeling better - your mojo is definitely not ill! Love this - especially the ribbon - I have to try that for sure!

Lorraine said...

Kim, this is so pretty. I have yet to ink this set and I seem to be running out of time. This is a great inspiration to me! Love it.

Cards by Gina said...

What a stunning card, Kim! I love everything about it. The colors are terrific. Thanks so much for sharing.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Kim! I love the pearls!

Mary Fish said...

Great job with a tricky sketch. I'm so hoping SU comes out with stick on pearls and rhinestones. What do you think? Hugs, M